No hot water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No hot water

Hello. I’ve been absent a while since my 231RK was stolen from the storage yard. Since I finally retired with over 37 years of federal service, I just upgraded to. 265BH. Regardless of the source I have no hot water. According to the owners manual I should have a valve between the cold and hot ports on the water heater. These are open. The only other valve is right next to the water pump. When closed I have no water pressure at all.
    Am I correct in my belief I am missing a valve between the ports on the water heater ?

Originally posted by Mike58 View Post
    Hello. I’ve been absent a while since my 231RK was stolen from the storage yard. Since I finally retired with over 37 years of federal service, I just upgraded to. 265BH. Regardless of the source I have no hot water. According to the owners manual I should have a valve between the cold and hot ports on the water heater. These are open. The only other valve is right next to the water pump. When closed I have no water pressure at all.
    Am I correct in my belief I am missing a valve between the ports on the water heater ?
    Welcome Mike, sorry for your troubles.

Could you please help us help you? We need to know what water heater you have and if possible could you please post a picture of the valves on the back of the water heater.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Mike, Shots in the dark and I'm a new owner of a 337RLS so it's different. I'm also not insulting you but some things I had to check on mine when I got it.

There was a hot water bypass valve - it passes the hot water thru it instead of thru the hot water heater for the purpose of winterizing things. Mine was located behind a shroud.

Do you have a tankless or a tank water heater and is it electric or gas? Have you confirmed the gas is on to the hot water heater?
      Jeff
      2017 F250 FX4, B&W Companion
      2023 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

Mike58 Do you get water from your hot fixtures, just not hot or no water at all? Is your water heater running? If so then the most likely culprit is usually the outside shower valves being on, even with no hose connected, or the hose shut off, if those valves are open the hot and cold mix and you will not get hot water in the rest of the rig.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
        X