winterizing trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winterizing trailer

I have a brand new Imagine 2970 and gettng things set up. tried to get the water system sanitized and working. the Pump was not working. I had to remove 5 screws screws to get into the compartment where the pumps is. I found the valve to switch it from the antifreeze suction line to the tank. got the water system working. Has anyone redone this line so that you don't have to take the trailer apart. I'm thinking im not alone with this problem. This is my second Imagine And the first one was hard to Winterize this one is ten times harder.. If conditions are right i will have to do this four times a year.

Keithlo

I have moved your post to the "Plumbing" channel. If you would like to make an introductory post please do so.

Your issue is typical with travel trailers. There is really not much other places to put the water pump or the diverter valve. I agree it is a pain to do this.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Keithlo, found this video. Might prove useful to you. Grand Design How-To Series -- Standard Winterization - Bing video
      John
      2018 Momentum 395M
      2018 Ram 3500 Dually
      Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by Keithlo View Post
        I have a brand new Imagine 2970 and gettng things set up. tried to get the water system sanitized and working. the Pump was not working. I had to remove 5 screws screws to get into the compartment where the pumps is. I found the valve to switch it from the antifreeze suction line to the tank. got the water system working. Has anyone redone this line so that you don't have to take the trailer apart. I'm thinking im not alone with this problem. This is my second Imagine And the first one was hard to Winterize this one is ten times harder.. If conditions are right i will have to do this four times a year.
        I have been racking my brain for an easy modification for access to the winterizing line and valve. I’ve tried removing the screws and placing velcro along the edges. That hasn’t worked, the sticky backing of the velcro doesn’t want to stay on the plywood. I may just cut a hole in the paneling to allow access.

Cameron and Wendy, plus Artemis
        2022 Imagine 2670MK
        2022 Ram 2500

Comment

Originally posted by Hvymetal37 View Post

I have been racking my brain for an easy modification for access to the winterizing line and valve. I’ve tried removing the screws and placing velcro along the edges. That hasn’t worked, the sticky backing of the velcro doesn’t want to stay on the plywood. I may just cut a hole in the paneling to allow access.
          If you do find a way, please share it with us (pictures are great!).

Howard
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

If you can make a trim ring to mount the panel to, then place magnets in the trim ring and screws in the holes that were to hold the panel. Then the magnets would hold the ring and panel in place.

Otherwise, you can try screwing the velcro in place eliminating the glue.

The only other option I can think of is to use VHB tape (get the good 3M thick stuff https://www.amazon.com/Bulina-Mounti...2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1) Using SEW on Velcro (no pre glued stuff here) and a clamp, install the velcro.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
            X