Click image for larger version

Name:	RV shower 1.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	112362Click image for larger version

Name:	RV shower 2.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	112363​​​Hello RVers, We bought GD Imagine RV last spring. Used the shower just fine. Winterized it in Fall. Just de-winterized it yesterday. When I went to flush shower hose, I noticed the antifreeze and water coming out of the shower head, but also all around the base where my finger is pointing! Do I have to remove the shower to see what is happening behind it? (We had some rodents in there recently, but I spray foamed all around underneath and that seemed to fix that.) Thanks for your help

Possible sources of water above that shower wall seam are the lines to the faucets (that you have pulled for inspection) . . . or a roof/skylight leak. Check the skylight for cracks (a known recent issue). If there was antifreeze in what came out of the wall, a water line is leaking. Incorrectly winterized ? Rodent chewed ?

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	RV shower 3.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	112417Click image for larger version

Name:	RV shower 4.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	112418Click image for larger version

Name:	RV shower 5.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	112419​UPDATE: what i have determined is that the water is coming out of the circular hole (as well as the showerhead) and then running down the back near the hoses and coming out near the bottom seam (as in original post). I will take this apart and inspect. The screw in the cold knob is corroded, so gotta figure that out...​​

Comment

Looking at your pictures, I suspect the water leak is originating at the elbow connecting to the cold side. Note how the white part is pushed out of the black tightening nut. This is a common freeze failure with this type of fitting and means that the cone seal inside this fitting is not held securely against the mating part. This fitting is easily replaceable with a similar brass part (top centre of the "spare parts" picture) available at Home Depot or similar. You will have to remove and replace the crimp ring fastening the hose to this fitting. Crimp rings used with soft hose is a whole other discussion covered in detail in other threads on this forum.

Rob

Click image for larger version  Name:	RV shower 4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.2 KB ID:	112425 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2737.jpg Views:	0 Size:	230.9 KB ID:	112426
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
        X