Month Old, First Trip underbelly flood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Month Old, First Trip underbelly flood

Finally was able to put the new 2023 22MLE through its paces and get everything hooked up. Everything worked fine until we were leaving and a neighbor at the campground noticed a large amount of water flowing out of the underbelly. We performed some troubleshooting and nothing above the floor deck that we could see was leaking, pea traps, supply connections etc. seems like something between the floor and the underbelly cover. Removing the cover seems like a pretty arduous task. My question is this something that I need to get fixed stat under warranty or can I open a hole up and let it drain and get it into the shop when the camping season ends?

Originally posted by 22MLEnewOwner View Post
    Finally was able to put the new 2023 22MLE through its paces and get everything hooked up. Everything worked fine until we were leaving and a neighbor at the campground noticed a large amount of water flowing out of the underbelly. We performed some troubleshooting and nothing above the floor deck that we could see was leaking, pea traps, supply connections etc. seems like something between the floor and the underbelly cover. Removing the cover seems like a pretty arduous task. My question is this something that I need to get fixed stat under warranty or can I open a hole up and let it drain and get it into the shop when the camping season ends?

Welcome to the forum, I wish it was on better terms. I would definitely look into it right away. Hopefully it's just a loose connection underneath. Pulling the coroplast should not be too bad, I would start at the front and take down some screws in the side and front and pull down just a section of it to see what's going on. I'd avoid cutting it if at all possible.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Get it looked at. May be grey or black water leak.
      Ted
      2021 Reflection 310RLS
      2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

I recommend checking the back of the universal docking station and see if there are any leaks there or in the water supply manifold which should be nearby. Don't forget to check the pump connections.

From the public information it seems that there is insulation beneath the floor, and wet insulation tends to be a good breeding ground for mold. I would drop the corplastic and pull the insulation out so that it can dry (or be replaced) at the first opportunity. There are many threads here on dropping the corplastic and how to best get it back in place.

Dropping the corplastic will also allow checking the rest of the plumbing for leaks.
        John
        2018 Momentum 395M
        2018 Ram 3500 Dually
        Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

I don't think the Imagines have fiberglass insulation, just the foam between the layers of the floor and the foil sheet, but it still is not good to have water sitting down there. One of the rules I've learned the hard way in a life of RVing is trust your gut and if you see something small you're wondering about, deal with it while it's small or it'll turn big.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

22MLEnewOwner -- I'm going to "pile on". Don't ignore the issue. If taking the rig to a dealer means you'll lose too much of the camping season, time to dig in and fix it yourself. Consider it part of the "joy" of RV'ing.

Another possibility is getting authorization from GD Customer Service to have a mobile technician look at it. What this probably means is you'll have to pay all the costs up front. GD will then likely reimburse you for any labor (but not the "service fee" associated with the technician coming to you).

Howard

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

When you noticed the leak, did you have water in the potable water tank, or were you just using the shore water connection?? If you had a water level in the potable water tank, check the connections of the water pump under the rear seat of the dining table. The connections are hand tight and have special washers so don’t over tighten if you do find them to be loose and dripping. A loose connection here can syphon the potable water onto the floor under that seat. The water will find the lowest spot - your underbelly

Comment

I had something similar happen on mine with water pooling in the coroplast and it was a crack in the bottom of the freshwater tank - had to be replaced.
                Eddie & Kathy
                2021 Imagine 2970RL
                2019 Ram 2500 Laramie Mega Cab 4x4 Cummins 6.7L
                Houston, TX

Comment

It may be something that can be put off until later as long as youre able to determine where the leak is. In a case like Ebkent62 had you could continue using the trailer (assuming you had full hookups) until a tank and a time slot at the dealer are convenient for you.
                  2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Working...
                  X