Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shower weeps water when all faucets off

Hello,

All faucets are in the off position in the shower and a small amount of water still drips from the head constantly when hooked up to city water.

Anyone experience this? Do I have a faucet problem, a water pressure issue, or other? Is there an adjustment in the shower faucet to tighten something?

I have an inline water filter that has the water pressure at a lower level (so I think) and I will be trying a pressure reducer this evening.

All other water locations (toilet, kitchen sink, bathroom sink, outdoor shower) are fine.

Thanks for the help!

Tom

Tom Jones
    2023 Reflection 337RLS
    2022 GMC Denali 3500HD​

Originally posted by Mrtjonesy View Post
    Hello,

All faucets are in the off position in the shower and a small amount of water still drips from the head constantly when hooked up to city water.

Anyone experience this? Do I have a faucet problem, a water pressure issue, or other? Is there an adjustment in the shower faucet to tighten something?

I have an inline water filter that has the water pressure at a lower level (so I think) and I will be trying a pressure reducer this evening.

All other water locations (toilet, kitchen sink, bathroom sink, outdoor shower) are fine.

Thanks for the help!

Tom
    Hi Tom,
    Just want to say hello as I'm not 100% sure of the fix on the shower. (My fellow moderator Cate&Rob or any number of other forum members are more knowledgeable in this area.) I hope you'll take a minute to read through the Welcome Letter (linked off home page) and setup your signature line.

Again, welcome!

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thank you Howard, sig. line complete 👍

Tom
      Tom Jones
      2023 Reflection 337RLS
      2022 GMC Denali 3500HD​

Comment

Water pressure may be the issue but not likely. I would guess a faulty shower control valve. I think ours had a second valve at the shower head. You could turn on the water to your "feel good" settings and then shut the valve off at the shower head to conserve water? Does your shower head have this valve?

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
          Water pressure may be the issue but not likely. I would guess a faulty shower control valve. I think ours had a second valve at the shower head. You could turn on the water to your "feel good" settings and then shut the valve off at the shower head to conserve water? Does your shower head have this valve?

Brian
          Yes it does, a switch at the base of the shower head that cuts off flow. Sounds like a good temporary solution while I perhaps order another shower faucet for replacement.

Tom
          Tom Jones
          2023 Reflection 337RLS
          2022 GMC Denali 3500HD​

Comment

Mrtjonesy I'd be surprised if it's a pressure issue, Rob can testify to that better but regulating the pressure outside the rig does nothing to regulate the inside pressure due to the water heater and check valve. Most likely the cartridge in the control as Brian mentioned. They're replaceable in residential but I would not be surprised in the RV one of you just replace the control set.
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
            2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
            2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

I am going to guess that trash was or is in the line and has either damaged the seal or is keeping the valve from closing completely.

You can try removing the valves and taking them to the hardware store to see if they can replace the rubber seals in them.

Something like https://www.homedepot.com/p/DANCO-Ho...0817/203193513 or https://www.homedepot.com/p/DANCO-Fl...0790/203193510 maybe the seal that works.
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Hi Tom (welcome to our forum BTW)

This is most likely some contamination within the shower faucet. You could remove and disassemble the faucet to see if you can clear this . . . or go with a (better quality) replacement.

As Neil references, an inlet pressure regulator has little to do with water pressure within the trailer. Once water is past the inlet check valve it is locked within the RV system. Heating this water will drive pressure well past 100 psi. I have many times posted the advice that installing a “system” pressure gauge (T’d into any cold water line) will show you this pressure rise.

Rob
                Last edited by Cate&Rob; 05-24-2023, 08:03 PM.
                Cate & Rob
                (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
                X