• Show
Clear All

Coppertop the item number for the fresh water fill port is 360006:

Click image for larger version

Name:	360006.png
Views:	650
Size:	383.7 KB
ID:	11934

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/mgunn/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Coppertop View Post
      Hi Jim this is what we have
      Coppertop

The picture you have provided shows that the valve needs to be in the "Fresh water fill" position to fill the tank. Make sure there is NO water pressure when changing the valve position, turn off the city water and open a faucet inside to relieve the pressure. This should fill your fresh tank, there is a overflow blue pipe near the fresh tank drain that when water comes out this means the tank is full.
      I have looked at many pictures and videos to try to find a gravity fill port and I can not find one anywhere. I see on the GD website that it does list a gravity fill , maybe GDRV-Megan can shed some light on this. Another bit of confusion is at this docking station the water port is black , this is usually connected to the black tank flush , the part that Megan has listed is white.
      My thinking is you fill with the valve in the "fill tank" position and also use this position to use water from the fresh tank with the water pump, not sure of this though.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

Coppertop

The picture you have provided shows that the valve needs to be in the "Fresh water fill" position to fill the tank. Make sure there is NO water pressure when changing the valve position, turn off the city water and open a faucet inside to relieve the pressure. This should fill your fresh tank, there is a overflow blue pipe near the fresh tank drain that when water comes out this means the tank is full.
        I have looked at many pictures and videos to try to find a gravity fill port and I can not find one anywhere. I see on the GD website that it does list a gravity fill , maybe GDRV-Megan can shed some light on this. Another bit of confusion is at this docking station the water port is black , this is usually connected to the black tank flush , the part that Megan has listed is white.
        My thinking is you fill with the valve in the "fill tank" position and also use this position to use water from the fresh tank with the water pump, not sure of this though.

Brian
        Isn't the picture above what you're requesting? See post #16.

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Megan View Post

GDRV-Megan

The reason for the question that Brian posed was the color of the fill port. lf you look at the picture below, you'll see a port that is black. The one you linked to is white. The confusion comes from the fact that on all the GDRV units that we've ever dealt with in the past, a black connection is for the black tank flush only. It is not used for the fresh water intake. Is the black connection in Coppertop's unit actually the fresh water fill point and not a black tank flush connection? Should the black connection be changed to a white one as referenced in your photo of part number 360006?

Jim

Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Megan View Post

I (think) what Brian is asking--and will certainly help me--is showing where the gravity fill is located on the camper. The previous pictured item is typically the fresh / city (pressurized) connection where a powered pump is required to get water onboard. TucsonJim suggested in post 8 that the OP should have a gravity fill connection, too. Brian then stated there's a reference on a GD website stating that, too. Country Campers -- can you link where you found the website reference to a "gravity fill port"?

Read through this thread again, Megan, and I think it will all make sense.

BL--is there a separate gravity fill connection (separate from the city water connection) on CopperTop's 21G?
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

The gravity fill port should look like this. It's on the left (drivers) side of the camper:
              https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-Whit...72103661&psc=1
              2017 Imagine 2650 & 2019 F-250 (Got tired of the F-150)

Comment

At one point, we were running black and another point we were running white fresh water ports. The color doesn't matter. What you want to be sure of though is that there should be a check valve, which ensures the water only goes inward. So that's how you can verify that it is the fresh water fill port.

We don't run gravity fills.

What we suggest you doing is using a pressurized hose in order to get the water into the fresh water tank.

Comment

Our 21g has no gravity fill port. Any ideas on getting water into the fresh water tank? I did fasten a hose and funnel to the hose connection but it did not flow. Seems to me some pressure is needed to force the water into the tank.
                  Coppertop--if you're still with us, this post may be helpful: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...=5226#post5226
                  Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

If the setting is on fresh water fill, is it possible to place a water container above this point (on a ladder) and actually gravity fill from that container with a hose without having to use a pump, etc?
                    Just thinking out loud here.
                    Keith
                    howson GDRV-Megan TucsonJim Coppertop
                    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
                      If the setting is on fresh water fill, is it possible to place a water container above this point (on a ladder) and actually gravity fill from that container with a hose without having to use a pump, etc?
                      Just thinking out loud here.
                      Keith
                      howson GDRV-Megan TucsonJim Coppertop
                      Since there is no gravity fill connection, and the system is not plumbed to suck water out of a container, the owner will need to get creative. The method you describe will work. Or an offboard pump can be used to pressurize the input to allow container filling.

Jim

Jim and Ginnie
                      2024 Solitude 310GK
                      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

It would seem that this is heading towards "there is no gravity fill". Using a pressurized source is not "gravity fill". Similar to how the larger models can use the on-board pump to draw from a container and fill the on-board tank, the rig in question would have to be re-plumbed to allow this or an external pump would be needed if a pressurized source of water is not available.

Rob
                        Cate & Rob
                        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                        2015 Reflection 303RLS
                        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Looking at all the above posts the original question kind of got lost in translation There is no gravity fill port on my 21 g. It seems that when Grand Designed these units to go into the desert and play, they figured that you would fill the fresh water tank beforehand. I think the only conclusion to make is that you would have to pump(using an external pump) water into the tank should you run out . The fill port in the cabinet is indeed black in color.

Comment

Looking at all the above posts the original question kind of got lost in translation There is no gravity fill port on my 21 g. It seems that when Grand Designed these units to go into the desert and play, they figured that you would fill the fresh water tank beforehand. I think the only conclusion to make is that you would have to pump(using an external pump) water into the tank should you run out . The fill port in the cabinet is indeed black in color.
                            You are right on this. A RV manufactured to go off grid and play with toys , being a toy hauler , but has no way to fill fresh water other than using a secondary pump. In the owners manual it does state that there is a gravity fill port. I have searched quite a few videos and I can not find the port. If you would have one it would be on the street side and should be white in color. GD should consider adding this port especially for a RV designed and marketed as this one.

A manual pump , like a tire pump , may be available to transfer water. Using this type would help conserve battery power.

Brian

PS: Coppertop my apologies if we have not found the answer that you are looking for and this thread may have taken off on a tangent but we were all trying to understand what was going on.
                            Brian & Michelle
                            2018 Reflection 29RS
                            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

So,, we have found a small pump at harbour freight that should work for us. I plan on using our pressure regulator in the hose to avoid any problems. And also , you have been very helpful and I plan on asking lots more questions as a newbie in this camping thing.......

Comment

So,, we have found a small pump at harbour freight that should work for us. I plan on using our pressure regulator in the hose to avoid any problems. And also , you have been very helpful and I plan on asking lots more questions as a newbie in this camping thing.......
                                Hi Coppertop,

Good to learn that you have a plan. I doubt that your small pump will be able to generate pressure that would be a problem. Something to consider is that pressure regulators can be a significant flow restriction. As to more questions . . . ask away! Before you know it, you will be on the other side giving advice based on all that you have learned.

Rob
                                Cate & Rob
                                (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                                2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
                                X