Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

water leak by furnace when city water preesure is on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water leak by furnace when city water preesure is on.

I have a water leak only on city water. it's coming out by the furnace on the underside of the trailer. 2018 303RLS

Originally posted by bennettent View Post
    I have a water leak only on city water. it's coming out by the furnace on the underside of the trailer. 2018 303RLS
    Welcome to the forum! There's a plethora of plumbing gurus here (I'm not one of them)--they'll be along shortly to help you out.

I'll take a WAG at it, though--the leak is coming from the black tank flush valve behind the shower wall.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Since this leak appears when on city water, I doubt that it is the black tank flush vacuum break . . . but, it could be the water connections to the shower faucets which are also directly above the furnace. Are you sure that this only happens when on city water pressure? If it does not happen when the system is pressurized by the on board pump, we will have to look for another reason specific to city water supply.

If you pull the bottom two drawers in the kitchen buffet, you will be able to see the furnace. Using a flashlight, look for water on the metal furnace box. This would indicate a leak from the shower faucets above. If the box is dry but the floor under the furnace is wet, the water is more likely coming from the Nautilus water panel area and running across the floor to the furnace area. Another possible source is the water heater. This is the white foam box that you can see by opening the lower left door in the buffet.

The shower faucet connections are accessed by removing the small panel below the faucets, in the shower.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thanks for the ideas, I will look closer tomorrow and hopefully fix it. Will let know how it turns out!

Comment

Well, after tearing into the trailer I found the backflow valve on the water heater to be the leak. It seems to be the plastic valve that comes out of the hot water tank. The pex line in is good, but the fitting is leaking at the tank bung. Tried to redope it and install it, but it still leaks. Ordered a new one...
          Thanks for the help!

Comment

Well, after tearing into the trailer I found the backflow valve on the water heater to be the leak. It seems to be the plastic valve that comes out of the hot water tank. The pex line in is good, but the fitting is leaking at the tank bung. Tried to redope it and install it, but it still leaks. Ordered a new one...
            Thanks for the help!
            Hi Bennet

I think that same part is leaking on my 2019 29RS. Can you provide the part number for the backflow valve, or tell me how you discerned the part number for your water heater? BTW, mine is a Dometic 6gal 120vac/propane... I don't have the model number handy...

Thanks
            Mike
            Mike and Patti
            2019 Reflection 29RS
            2018 GMC CC 3500HD Duramax SRW Z71 4x4
            Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Hitch
            2 Battleborn Lithium, 300 watts Solar

Comment

Mike, the parts counter knew exactly what I was talking about, opted for the brass one instead. Would have grabbed the part number, but it was mangled from removal. The new one didn't have one that I could see. Seems like a common part to go out, since they had many on the shelf.
              Mark

Comment

Working...
              X