Braided Nylon Flex Tubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braided Nylon Flex Tubes

I tried to search the forum and the parts lookup for my model (2020 Imagine 2250RK) for the "Braided Nylon Flex Tubes" that is used for the hot and cold water lines that connect to the 1/2" pex water lines. Does anybody know the part number or specs for the 1/2" flex tubes. I like to keep some spare parts on hand. Thanks!

Hi there and welcome to the forum! Glad you could join us. I'm going to tag our moderator named Rob to your thread. He's the subject matter expert on all the plumping parts:

Cate&Rob

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

nlsutler

I see that this is your first post . . . welcome to out owners forum!

Your question has been discussed at length in the past. Several have asked exactly the question you are asking, but no one (to my knowledge) has ever found an aftermarket source for this hose. It is basically reinforced hose. Some owners (including me) replace this hose with Pex tubing wherever possible. Despite claims to the contrary, it will burst in hot water applications and close flat under pump vacuum. It is also not a very good fit to the Pex fittings that it is used with. If these connections are disturbed, they will sometimes begin to drip leak.

See attached pictures for a close-up of the specs printed on the hose . . . and an example of one that burst.

See post 1 of this thread for more details https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...lection-303rls

Rob
      Attached Files
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

The picture you have is not what mine looks like. The water hose that mine has connected to the some pex lines is clear that is nylon reinforced. I will not able to look at my trailer until next week. I think GD changed the type because of what happened in the pictures you show.

Comment

https://www.mcmaster.com/

This is a website i have used for finding lots of stuff. I also use many parts from here at our business. They seem to have just about everything you think you might need. Also plenty of different braided and non-braided hoses.
          I also agree with Rob that the braided is not the best , but i do have a couple pcs that i would use to get me until i could repair permantely with PEX.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

nlsutler

If you are talking about a hose between a pex supply line and a faucet, you might want to consider the braided stainless steel flex hoses used for this purpose in residential plumbing. These are available at any Home Depot or similar. If you can post a picture from your trailer, that would help. You may be correct that this is a new material that older rigs do not have.

Rob
            Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I agree that pex all the way is best but I want a few feet for fast temporary repairs. I have a couple of faucet braided stainless hoses and will use them when the time comes for that purpose. The Braided Nylon Flex Tubes that I have I believe are used in the food industry for things like soda machines and such. They are rated for up to 200 psi but that depends the manufacture and purpose. I will post some pictures next week when I finish sanitizing my fresh water tank and water lines. Thanks for the replies.

Neal

Comment

Working...
              X