Winterize Reflection 303RLS (2015)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winterize Reflection 303RLS (2015)

I live in North Texas and it doesn’t get all that cold here, but I don’t enough to take chances, so I followed the winterization steps in Reflection manual. One of the instructions was to open the fresh water tank gate valve and they show a picture of the valve and with the fresh water overflow right beside it.

I couldn’t find the valve, so I just pumped the fresh tank contents into the grey tanks to empty it before pumping in the anti-freeze. I then dumped all the holding tanks so I think I’m ready for the cold weather forecast in a couple of days, but I’d sure like to find the valve and the fresh water tank overflow. The bottom storage has some removable panels near all the plumbing valves, maybe I should look there, but the picture made it look like it was visible on the underside of the underneath panels.

Neil

Neil in Texas
    Hi Neil,

The fresh water tank drain is the white pull valve sticking through the underbelly coroplast over the rear axle on the left (street) side. The overflow is the blue Pex pipe beside this valve. When you pull this valve, the water will hit the rear axle and splash back at you (ask me how I know this ) I added an extension to this drain so that I wouldn't get wet . . . but, that is a story for another day. If you have any questions about your 2015 303RLS . . . don't hesitate to ask (see my signature).

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Rob,

thanks a lot. I’ll look next time I’m at the storage location.

Neil

Comment

Neil in Texas
        Hi Neil,

This is a picture of the extension that I added to my water tank drain (so I wouldn't get wet when I pulled the valve ) The white valve in the upper right corner of the picture is what you will find under your 303RLS. You can see a little bit of the blue overflow line next to the valve in the picture.

Rob
        Attached Files
        Cate & Rob
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I went out today and found the valve. There was a little water in the tank so with mid 20 degree temperature predicted tomorrow night it good to get it all out. Thanks for your help. Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Neil in Texas View Post
            I went out today and found the valve. There was a little water in the tank so with mid 20 degree temperature predicted tomorrow night it good to get it all out. Thanks for your help. Neil
            Neil--since it seems like you don't need GD's input I moved your post to the Plumbing channel. -Moderator Howard
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Read with interest this post. I am having trouble locating the same valve on our 2020 337RLS. Would it be in the same location as your 303RLS unit?
              Mark & Ellen
              2020 Reflection 337RLS
              2019 RAM 3500 Mega Cab SRW

Comment

Originally posted by MAW7228 View Post
                Read with interest this post. I am having trouble locating the same valve on our 2020 337RLS. Would it be in the same location as your 303RLS unit?
                MAW7228--please use the "Quote" function or tag the individual whom you're addressing so they know there's a question waiting for their response. To "tag" use the @ symbol followed by their forum name, like this: MAW7228

-Moderator Howard

P.S. The answer to your question is "yes"--it should be in approximately the same location. The white pull handle near the large white drain opening is unmistakeable.
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
                  The white pull handle near the large white drain opening is unmistakeable.
                  MAW7228 the drain opening might be blue rather than white, a short length of 3/4" PEX pipe sticking straight down towards the ground. (Ours is.)

The white pull handle near the rear driver-side axle has been consistent on both our GD trailers.
                  Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

howson Sorry about that. Just learning how to properly use the forum.

boyscout Thanks. Finally crawled under our unit and located the valve and overflow tube. I guess my next question is why did GD locate it there rather than someplace a little more convenient for access?
                    Mark & Ellen
                    2020 Reflection 337RLS
                    2019 RAM 3500 Mega Cab SRW

Comment

howson Sorry about that. Just learning how to properly use the forum.

boyscout Thanks. Finally crawled under our unit and located the valve and overflow tube. I guess my next question is why did GD locate it there rather than someplace a little more convenient for access?
                      I'm pretty sure Richard Simmons was a consultant to Grand Design's engineering team at some point. He wanted to ensure RV'ers get their exercise.

<yes, it's sarcasm, and I haven't even had an adult beverage today! And no problem on the "learning"--we all start at some point! I hope you understand I was just trying to be helpful.>

Click image for larger version

Name:	Simmons GD.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	14454

Comment

I guess my next question is why did GD locate it there rather than someplace a little more convenient for access?
                        See the picture attached to post #4. I routed my water tank drain to the side of the trailer with a connection to a water hose or 4" drain . . . and a pull handle. Took a bit of fabrication, but makes draining the water tank much easier and no big puddle under the RV.

Rob

Cate & Rob
                        2015 Reflection 303RLS
                        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
                        X