Propane Hot Water Failure on LCI Control Panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propane Hot Water Failure on LCI Control Panel

Hoping somebody can shed some light on our issue. 3-4 times a week, when the temperature of the water in the hot water tank gets low, the hot water heater won't automatically restart itself and this error is shown on the LCI control panel. To reset we only have to touch the button twice. The first time will shut off the system and the second will started it up again. We have 2017 Momentum 376th

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	0 Size:	57.7 KB ID:	13162

Originally posted by Hal_B View Post
    Hoping somebody can shed some light on our issue. 3-4 times a week, when the temperature of the water in the hot water tank gets low, the hot water heater won't automatically restart itself and this error is shown on the LCI control panel. To reset we only have to touch the button twice. The first time will shut off the system and the second will started it up again. We have 2017 Momentum 376th

Click image for larger version Name:	image.jpg Views:	0 Size:	57.7 KB ID:	13162
    This was posted under "Ask Grand Design". Are you looking for a GD rep's response?

Edit; Moved thread to Plumbing channel.
    Last edited by howson; 02-24-2020, 05:36 PM.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

This looks like a good opportunity for a Lippert customer service representative to weigh in. They have a really good customer service hot-line, and I'll bet they have the answer. Their number is 574-537-8900. If you call them and get the issue resolved, can you please share the feedback with us so we know the resolution?

Thanks - Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

This was posted under "Ask Grand Design". Are you looking for a GD rep's response?
        I'm looking for anyone with technological knowledge that is able to provide some insight. If this isn't the right area, please let me know where it should be posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal_B View Post
          I'm looking for anyone with technological knowledge that is able to provide some insight. If this isn't the right area, please let me know where it should be posted.
          Hal--check out the LCI manual here: https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0001449.pdf

Page 4 has related info. I think the hot water heater is failing to ignite. If my guess is right, on my 315RLTS I'd get a "DSI" fault light with the same failure. A typical cause is the control board on your water heater has failed.

I'm far from an expert on propane-related issues, though, so (hopefully) someone more experienced than yours truly will chime in soon.

Howard
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
          X