Water Pump Stopped Working - Momentum 351M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Pump Stopped Working - Momentum 351M

I am having multiple issues with my less than two year old 2018 Grand Design Momentum 351M, one of which is the water pump stopped working. The pump was working fine and I could hear it running when I opened any of the faucets, but then all of the sudden I heard it stop and lost water. While in a Walmart parking lot, I troubleshot a little bit by trying to turn it off and back on, making sure there was water in the tank, playing with Nautilus system valves, but it would not come back on. After a few weeks I started looking to get it fixed because I wanted to dry camp (generator with 30 hours is not working either, but I'll post another post for that) At one point, after disconnecting city water, turning on the pump switch outside on the Nautilus and playing with a few things, it started working for a few minutes, then stopped and I haven't been able to get it going again. I don't see any blown fuses or breakers (other than for the gas delivery system, which is another problem and another post).

I have a few basic/dumb questions that maybe some of you can help me with:
    - Where is the pump located? I can't seem to find it and I can make sure it is getting power if I could locate it.
    - Do the water pump switch on the Nautilus system by the outside shower and the water pump switch under Monitoring > Water Pump in the control panel do the same thing?
    - Any suggestions on what might be the problem, how to test the pump and how to fix it?
    Last edited by howson; 02-25-2020, 08:10 AM. Reason: Minor edit...understand the frustration...

The water pump *should* be just aft of the front slideout, behind the Nautilus panel.

My 315RLTS is (obviously) different from your Momentum, but the pic below should give you an idea of where you'll find the pump. You can see it just behind the panel on the floor (silver part).

Click image for larger version  Name:	Pump.JPG Views:	0 Size:	107.2 KB ID:	13231
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Here's a screenshot from a YouTube video of a 351M. The pump *should* be just behind the panel.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	back here.JPG
Views:	1221
Size:	167.3 KB
ID:	13235

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

[QUOTE=Robbrown2;n13223]
        - Do the water pump switch on the Nautilus system by the outside shower and the water pump switch under Monitoring > Water Pump in the control panel do the same thing?

Personal experience. I turned off the water pump using the switch on the Nautilus control station and then wet to bled the pressure off, the pump came on. I ended up pulling the basement bulkhead and disconnecting the power to the pump to get the thing to stay off. I was so convinced that I had a bad toggle switch that I got another one and was about to replace it when for some reason I checked the one control and saw that the DW had used it to turn on the water pump, which overrode the manual switch (red face moment). So, yes the two switches control the same pump but the one command can over ride the manual for pump on. Doesn't sound like this is your problem, though.
        John
        2018 Momentum 395M
        2018 Ram 3500 Dually
        Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Working...
        X