Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Reflection 337RLS Tanks

Hello,
    I very recently purchased a new 2020 Reflection 337RLS, and I have a question about the Grey Tanks.
    I know that the total grey water capacity is 87 gallons, but what are the sizes of the individual galley and bathroom tanks ?
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2019 F350 CCLB 6.7L

Originally posted by screamingbear1 View Post
    Hello,
    I very recently purchased a new 2020 Reflection 337RLS, and I have a question about the Grey Tanks.
    I know that the total grey water capacity is 87 gallons, but what are the sizes of the individual galley and bathroom tanks ?
    87 is what the GD website states for the grey. The drawings I have access to say 72 (43+32) but they are dated 2016 so they are probably wrong.

My guess is since the unit had a 43G tank, like this one: https://jazzsales.com/product/holdin...lx8-5h-43-gal/ and a 32G, GD swapped out the smaller 32G with a 43G so now there's two of the larger tanks. I don't know where the other gallon comes into play. EDIT: Bad guess! See Megan's response further down this thread.

The only way to know how much each tank can actually hold is to empty them, then start pouring 5 gallon buckets of water down the drain (adding them up as you go) until it backs up. Voila`, you've got the answer. An even better way is to use a "Save a Drop" water meter or something similar. Same concept--start with an empty tank and let the hose run until the drain backs up. Check how many gallons are in the tank per the meter.

Welcome to GD's Technical Forum and congrats on the 337! My 315RLTS has the same floorplan--my wife and I really like it!

-Howard

P.S. As the regulars here know this is from the sage advice given by Cate&Rob --I'm just repeating what I've learned.
    Last edited by howson; 02-28-2020, 10:25 AM.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Hello,
      See Megan's post #3 in this thread - I suspect that they are the same size (40 kitchen and 47 BR) as the 303 since the total is the same. However, you can verify with Megan if you so choose.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/grand-d...ank-capacities

Dan
      Dan & Carol
      2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
      2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Thanks to Howson, and Canyonlight for your reply's.
        I will check actual capacity with the hose and a water meter, but that will need to wait until the weather gets above freezing, and stays that way. (I live in Michigan)
        It would make sense if the bathroom tank were larger than the galley tank, I guess i will find out in the spring !!!!!
        2020 Reflection 337RLS
        2019 F350 CCLB 6.7L

Comment

Thanks to Howson, and Canyonlight for your reply's.
          I will check actual capacity with the hose and a water meter, but that will need to wait until the weather gets above freezing, and stays that way. (I live in Michigan)
          It would make sense if the bathroom tank were larger than the galley tank, I guess i will find out in the spring !!!!!
          I'd be very interested to know the results.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

I'd be very interested to know the results.
            I will be sure to post what I find out in the spring.
            At the moment it is 19 degrees, but it feels like 7 with the wind chill.
            I will not be messing with water outside anytime soon. !!

2020 Reflection 337RLS
            2019 F350 CCLB 6.7L

Comment

Originally posted by Canyonlight View Post

See Megan's post #3 in this thread - I suspect that they are the same size (40 kitchen and 47 BR) as the 303 since the total is the same. However, you can verify with Megan if you so choose.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/grand-d...ank-capacities

Dan
              This is accurate - The galley tank is 40 gallons and the lav/shower tank is 47 gallons.

I received this information from our product manager.

thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Megan View Post

This is accurate - The galley tank is 40 gallons and the lav/shower tank is 47 gallons.

thanks!
                Thanks, Megan ! Hope you are feeling better.

Dan
                Dan & Carol
                2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
                2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Originally posted by Canyonlight View Post

Thanks, Megan ! Hope you are feeling better.

Dan
                  I'm feeling much better!! Thank you!!

Comment

thanks!
                    Thank You Megan !!!
                    I appreciate your response.
                    2020 Reflection 337RLS
                    2019 F350 CCLB 6.7L

Comment

thanks!
                      Thank you, Megan..

We were wondering the same thing this weekend with our 337RLS (2021). After seeing all sorts of incorrect (gray tank capacity) numbers in other places, you and this web forum came through again.
                      Last edited by Summit1; 06-21-2022, 10:48 AM.

Comment

screamingbear1 do you know how to equalize the tanks so you get the total capacity without keeping track of each one ?

Place a blade valve on the outlet (Valterra is what I have on mine) leave the black tank handle closed (should be doing that anyways) with your blade valve closed open both gray tank valves and leave them open. The tanks will equalize out during use. When you go to dump just close both gray valves, open the blade valve,dump your black and close it and then open your grays for the rinse out.
                        2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Working...
                        X