Waterline Fittings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waterline Fittings

My 2018 GD Imagine 2500RL has the soft waterlines, not PEX. Do PEX fittings and crimper work with these lines? What about 122 inch SharkBite connectors? My bathroom sink is leaking and I want to run stainless braided hot and cold lines from the faucet and connect to the soft waterline so it’s easier to work with.

Sorry, should be 1/2 inch SharkBite.

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamR View Post
      My 2018 GD Imagine 2500RL has the soft waterlines, not PEX. Do PEX fittings and crimper work with these lines? What about 122 inch SharkBite connectors? My bathroom sink is leaking and I want to run stainless braided hot and cold lines from the faucet and connect to the soft waterline so it’s easier to work with.
      Yes PEX will work with these fittings. The fittings are actually PEX fittings.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Has anyone successfully used SharkBite fittings with the soft waterlines? Do they actually have a name?

Bill

Comment

Bill - I'm tagging Rob to your post. He has a wealth of information on the plumbing systems in these units.

Cate&Rob

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamR View Post
            Has anyone successfully used SharkBite fittings with the soft waterlines? Do they actually have a name?

Bill
            Hi Bill,

Sharkbite fitting are NOT designed to work with soft hose. Even if you can get the larger OD hose into the Sharbite fitting, the "teeth" designed to grip a pipe will continue to cut into the soft hose (unlike Pex tube, copper, hard plastic, etc). The soft hose is just that . . . 1/2" ID braid reinforce hose. The right fitting is a 1/2" barbed hose fitting. A Pex crimp ring or a screw tightening hose clamp can be used to permanently secure this connection. The soft hose onto a Pex fitting can eventually work loose. Grand Design uses this combination in many original locations . . . and, many of us have experienced drip leaks at these connections.

See the attached for a summary of what goes with what.

Rob
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Cate&Rob; 03-01-2020, 09:02 AM.
            Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Cate and Rob's pdf is helpful. It is my understanding, the plumbing lines and fittings Grand Design uses are 1/2", so you don't need a $100 PEX crimper and basket full of various sized fittings.

We keep this PEX crimper kit https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 , 2' of PEX tubing, a handful of 1/2" PEX elbows, and couplings for quick repairs. Often I am able to reuse the original fittings. Such was the case of the leaking toilet supply line.

I strongly suggest a PEX plug too. They work well when you can't reconnect until you get that "missing" fitting.
              Last edited by Rivercityjeff; 03-05-2020, 08:29 AM. Reason: Fat fingers and not enough coffee!

Comment

Working...
              X