Imagine Nautilus “P-X” pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine Nautilus “P-X” pics

Of the nautilus pics that I can find such as P1, P2, etc, none seem to be applicable to my 2020 Model 2250RK. My Nautilus system looks incredibly simple however, I tried to operate the water pump for the first time today just to make sure I’m familiar with the FW operating system and here’s the situation. I have only one handle; it’s blue and there is only two options, “city water” and “fresh tank fill”. Current setup:

1) connected to 30 amp service at the house.
    2) no city water connections of any kind set up except a 3ft white jumper hose coming out of the Nautilus through the provided hole containing the “slits”, strictly for convenience when I’m ready to attach a city water supply.
    3) about 15 gallons of FW in FW tank.
    4) my Blue lever has only two position options, city water position and fresh tank fill position.
    5) I filled the FW tank the “old” way by adding water via the outside FW fill inlet with a hose and a 12” hose adapter with no difficulties. I’ve read a little too many issues that others have posted when trying to fill via hooking up to city water and before pressurizing, moving the blue handle to the “fresh tank fill” position stating they experienced one or more problems so I figured I’d play it safe.

i assumed (that may have been my first mistake) that the position of the blue handle would have no relevance to sending water through the system via the water pump so I left it in the city water position. Second reason I left it there was that I thought my effort was to simply run fw to the two sinks, toilet, and shower; There is no city water hooked up, so why would it matter which position the blue lever was in? Exact same logic and reason why I didn’t put the blue lever in the fresh tank fill position, my current effort has nothing to do with filling the fw tank.

that being said, once I turned on the pump. although I had water exiting all the correct locations, A. the pressure was very low and B. water was exiting out the city water inlet (3ft jumper hose) onto the ground.

Any and all suggestions, tips, and recommended solutions are greatly appreciated. Also if anyone has a link to a Pic and explanations of the Nautilus “P- whatever number” for the 2020 Imagine 2250RK that would be great..
    Dave and Sue
    2020 GD 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
    Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
    GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
    SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

The full manual for the Nautilus system specific for your trailer should be included within your owners manual.
    2019 Ford F250 Lariat Diesel
    2019 Reflection 315RLTS

Comment

I believe you may have a check valve issue on your water pump. GDRV-Emily , you are an Imagine owner , could you shed a little light on how this panel works and if there is a check valve issue with the symptons posted above.

I have a theory but will wait form Emily to answer.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
        I believe you may have a check valve issue on your water pump. GDRV-Emily , you are an Imagine owner , could you shed a little light on how this panel works and if there is a check valve issue with the symptons posted above.

I have a theory but will wait form Emily to answer.

Brian
        Thank you both. The Nautilus section in my owners manual does not address my situation/issue. Will look forward to Emily’s reply, no giant rush, I’m not camping at the moment.
        Last edited by Schiefswret; 03-03-2020, 06:50 PM.
        Dave and Sue
        2020 GD 2250RK
        Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

Originally posted by Schiefswret View Post

Thank you both. I’ll look, again, for the Nautilus info I. My owners manual. Will look forward to Emily’s reply.
          Page 90 in the owners manual. If you wish to download this here is a link to GD's website where you can get the manual in .pdf format, I see it is for 2019 models but should be the same for your 2020.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Page 90 in the owners manual. If you wish to download this here is a link to GD's website where you can get the manual in .pdf format, I see it is for 2019 models but should be the same for your 2020.

Brian
            thank you Brian but my page 90 explains the types of connection options on how to fill. My issue occurs after the fill, per my post I filled using the gravity option.
            Dave and Sue
            2020 GD 2250RK
            Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

So i have read through that part of the manual and I see your point. There is NO instructions on using the pump other than "turn the pump on". Kind of vague I think but that may just be how it works. I am curious as to why water would come out of the fresh water hook up at the panel , when using pump I would set that valve to "fresh water fill" just to be on the safe side. You may need to explore the pump , a few pages later in the "winterizing" section it describes where to find it and how to get to it. Hopefully we can learn the problem or at least the how to part of this. I do not have experience with this and I am eager to learn how it works , it is just a simple valve so it should not be this complicated but seems it is not working as it should.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

So i have read through that part of the manual and I see your point. There is NO instructions on using the pump other than "turn the pump on". Kind of vague I think but that may just be how it works. I am curious as to why water would come out of the fresh water hook up at the panel , when using pump I would set that valve to "fresh water fill" just to be on the safe side. You may need to explore the pump , a few pages later in the "winterizing" section it describes where to find it and how to get to it. Hopefully we can learn the problem or at least the how to part of this. I do not have experience with this and I am eager to learn how it works , it is just a simple valve so it should not be this complicated but seems it is not working as it should.

Brian
                Thanks Brian, I agree and think you have summarized correctly my dilemma. I’ll start from scratch this Saturday and try again and I’ll set the lever to FW fill and see if that changes anything. In the meantime, maybe others with more experience in this area will chime in. Appreciate your response.
                Last edited by Schiefswret; 03-03-2020, 08:19 PM.
                Dave and Sue
                2020 GD 2250RK
                Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

Thanks Brian, I agree and think you have summarized correctly my dilemma. I’ll start from scratch this Saturday and try again and I’ll set the lever to FW fill and see if that changes anything. In the meantime, maybe others with more experience in this area will chime in. Appreciate your response.
                  The reason the water came out of the jumper hose is you had the hose connected . When connected it could be depresses the check valve at the panel allowing the back flow. Disconnect the hose, put your valve on city water and try the pump again. Also remember if the HW heater was not full, it will take the pump a while to pressure up, but I suspect your pressure problem was with the jumper hose situation.

Now with the hose off, if water still comes out the water connection, carefully remove the screen and see if the check valve is askew. Water should not be coming back out of this fitting.

Hope this helps
                  2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

thank you Yoda, i Wondered why when I attached the hose there was an indention feeling or a spring type feeling when I put it in. I will do as you suggested and report back, thanks very much for your input. do I need to keep the screen with the rubber gasket inside that I found? It seems to create a double rubber gasket situation but I wasn’t sure to if it matters to leave it in or take it out. btw: unrelated, can you tell me how to flip my profile pic at the left? TY
                    Last edited by Schiefswret; 03-04-2020, 04:17 PM.
                    Dave and Sue
                    2020 GD 2250RK
                    Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

yoda, i did as you suggested and all went well. much thanks for the solution. maybe run into to you at the rally in Sept. Travel safe.
                      Dave and Sue
                      2020 GD 2250RK
                      Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

yoda, i did as you suggested and all went well. much thanks for the solution. maybe run into to you at the rally in Sept. Travel safe.
                        No Worries - glad to help. I wont make it in Sept, but maybe on the road somewhere.

BTW Yes the screen with washer stays in place with the screen dome outward. It can be flipped to depress the check valve if trying to gravity fill your tank. I have never needed to do it.
                        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

No Worries - glad to help. I wont make it in Sept, but maybe on the road somewhere.

BTW Yes the screen with washer stays in place with the screen dome outward. It can be flipped to depress the check valve if trying to gravity fill your tank. I have never needed to do it.
                          thanks again. pls clarify, what the flipping of the washer and depressing the check valve would have to do with filling the FW tank via the gravity procedure. To add to the FW tank I simply open the cap and insert a hose with a straight attachment and add water. Seems to work well. Pls advise. tks.
                          Dave and Sue
                          2020 GD 2250RK
                          Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

thanks again. pls clarify, what the flipping of the washer and depressing the check valve would have to do with filling the FW tank via the gravity procedure. To add to the FW tank I simply open the cap and insert a hose with a straight attachment and add water. Seems to work well. Pls advise. tks.
                            Never mind - you have a gravity fill port On some model the pump can be used to pump from a container to fill the water tank, but to get the suction working the check valve needs to be depressed which flipping the screen around does.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

Never mind - you have a gravity fill port On some model the pump can be used to pump from a container to fill the water tank, but to get the suction working the check valve needs to be depressed which flipping the screen around does.
                              gotcha, thanks again.
                              Dave and Sue
                              2020 GD 2250RK
                              Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

Working...
                              X