Grey Tank Waste Valve Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grey Tank Waste Valve Size

What is the size of the bathroom grey tanks waste valve on a 2015 Reflection 337RLS .... 1.5” or 3” ???????
    Thanks
    Mike and Pat Clawson
    2015 Reflection 337RLS
    2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
    Village of Bloomfield, Wisconsin

Originally posted by Gr8daggett View Post
    What is the size of the bathroom grey tanks waste valve on a 2015 Reflection 337RLS .... 1.5” or 3” ???????
    Thanks
    Hi Mike,

I can’t say “for sure” but my 303 and your 337 are very similar. My bathroom grey and black tank gate valves are 3”. The kitchen grey is 1 1/2”. You can confirm this by how far the pull handle moves. The black tank will have a 3” valve for sure. If the shower grey handle pulls out the same amount, it is also a 3” valve. The kitchen grey handle should only pull out half this distance.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

Hi Mike,

I can’t say “for sure” but my 303 and your 337 are very similar. My bathroom grey and black tank gate valves are 3”. The kitchen grey is 1 1/2”. You can confirm this by how far the pull handle moves. The black tank will have a 3” valve for sure. If the shower grey handle pulls out the same amount, it is also a 3” valve. The kitchen grey handle should only pull out half this distance.

Rob
      Thanks for this insight, Rob. Our 2016 Reflection 337 appears to have had all 3" valves. Both gray tanks and the black tank pulled out the same distance - and the rush from both gray tanks was the same when full. We just moved in to your 2020 310GK-R last week and one of the gray tanks (I assume the bathroom) and the black tank pull out the same distance as the 337 valves did. The other gray tank (again, assuming the kitchen) pulls out about half as far. The rush from that gray tank isn't as impressive as the flow from the other with the (presumed) 3" valve. I had been trying to figure out what was going on and had started to wonder if what you posit wasn't the case.

Rob
      Rob & Laura
      U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
      2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
      2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
      (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
      Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Second Chance
        Hi Rob,

In the attached picture, you can see where the kitchen grey (farthest from the sewer hose attachment point) steps down to 1 1/2". Flow from this tank is noticeably slower as you describe. Quite possible that your 310GK is plumbed the same as our 303RLS.

Rob
        Attached Files
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
        X