Shower door jammed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shower door jammed

The middle and inner panes of our shower door have jammed and locked themselves together. As a result we can't fully close the door. Has anyone else seen this problem and if so, what was the resolution?
    We prefer the glass doors to a curtain so want to repair the existing door. I do see how to remove the assembly and am more looking for someone who has seen this issue that can offer any repair tips.
    Thanks -Rob-
    -
    Rob, Chris and fur baby Maya
    2019 Solitude 374TH, Victron Multiplus II 3000 2x120, 600AH of Battle Born LiFePO4, 1800W Solar, Blue Sky CC's, Starlink
    2023 GMC Denali Duramax 4x4 DRW LB CC, Curt Q25
    Follow us at https://rctravels.rmcd.ca/

I had to fix the shower door on my unit a couple of weeks ago. The screws holding the middle door rollers came loose and one fell out into the track jamming the door. I had to lift the top rail up to get the doors out of the track and and slide the first pane out and then the second. There is a screw at each end that had to be removed and a little caulking to cut. I fastened the screws back in and used a little lock-tite to secure them. Make sure the rollers are installed on the correct side of the door to slide into the track when putting them back together. The unit was heavy to lift out and there was enough room to get the panels out. I lifted the whole unit out by myself and had to get a little help from my boss a couple of times when sliding the panels out of the track. The boss says the panels slide in and out better than when new.

Comment

Thank you for that @Retiredoutwest.
      I will give that a try.
      -Rob-
      -
      2019 Solitude 374TH, Victron Multiplus II 3000 2x120, 600AH of Battle Born LiFePO4, 1800W Solar, Blue Sky CC's, Starlink

Comment

I know that it has been over a year since this was started but now my shower doors are jammed also.

Did the suggestion listed above work? specifically where were the screws that had to be removed.? I can see the two screws that hold the top rail to the frame but are there internal screws that you are talking about?
        It seems reasonable that a lose screw is jamming mine also.
        let me know please repairs are scheduled for later this week and i am flying blind.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Dial View Post
          I know that it has been over a year since this was started but now my shower doors are jammed also.

Did the suggestion listed above work? specifically where were the screws that had to be removed.? I can see the two screws that hold the top rail to the frame but are there internal screws that you are talking about?
          It seems reasonable that a lose screw is jamming mine also.
          let me know please repairs are scheduled for later this week and i am flying blind.
          I wound up removing the entire door assembly with the top track and laid them down in the front room where I could work on them. There was indeed a bolt/nut that had come loose and was jamming the works.
          With everything laying down it was a lot easier to slide the panels out to access the required areas.
          Be warned though, that assembly is HEAVY!
          -Rob-
          -

Comment

I had same loose screw issue on the rollers. When I put them back a put a drop of Loctite on the screws.
            2017 Momentum 376, 2019 Ford F450
            2022 Triumph Scrambler Motorcycle
            E-bikes, Hobi Pedal Kayaks
            Kota the dog and KC the Kitty Cat

Comment

Working...
            X