hot water to shower is lukewarm at best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hot water to shower is lukewarm at best

New to the group, please excuse what many might consider some "rookie" questions. I purchased my trailer (Imagine 2600RB) in December, and have had lukewarm water out of the hot water side of the shower since the first time I used it. I don't even bother turning on the cold water because of the lack of water temperature, is there any adjustments I can make? Also, I've seen where there may be valves to winteriize the system. but I can't locate those either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are you getting hot enough water out of the kitchen and bathroom sinks?

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

usnmustang00
      The most common cause of lukewarm water is the outside shower faucets being open with the outside shower head turned off. This allows the warm and cold water to mix before it gets to the inside shower.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I checked the outside shower valves, they were both turned off. The bathroom and kitchen sink are a little better than the showerhead, but not much.

Comment

Since you checked the outside shower, there are three things you can check to try and alleviate the issue.

1. Make sure the winterization valve is fully open. I'm attaching a link to the latest owners manual below. See page 101 for a photo of the location of the winterization valve.
          2. Check all the water lines to make sure none of them are kinked.
          3. Remove the water heater check valve at the top of the hot water tank. These frequently fail or get clogged with manufacturing debris. You can bypass the valve until you can order a new one. Make sure the water heater is cool before accessing the valve, and relieve the pressure in the tank by opening a hot water faucet before removing the valve.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie

Comment

Jim,

Thank you very much, I'll try all of your recommendations, hopefully one will fix the problem.

Mark

Comment

Jim,

What I found was all three valves in the water heater system were open, as soon as I closed the mixer valve I had hot water at all the faucets and the shower head. Again, thank you very much for your assistance.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by usnmustang00 View Post
                Jim,

What I found was all three valves in the water heater system were open, as soon as I closed the mixer valve I had hot water at all the faucets and the shower head. Again, thank you very much for your assistance.

Mark
                Excellent Mark. Anything for a sailor.

Jim
                Jim and Ginnie

Comment

Originally posted by usnmustang00 View Post
                  What I found was all three valves in the water heater system were open, as soon as I closed the mixer valve I had hot water at all the faucets and the shower head.
                  Sorry, which three valves were open and which one / where is the "mixer valve"?

Thanks.
                  Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

Originally posted by boyscout View Post

Sorry, which three valves were open and which one / where is the "mixer valve"?

Thanks.
                    He is referring to the hot water bypass valve. For the Imagine line there are 3 valves located in the lines on the back of the water heater. 1 is for cold in , 1 is for hot out , 1 is located between the cold and hot line. To winterize you turn the cold in off the hot out off and open the one connecting the cold and hot lines , this keeps the antifreeze from filling the hot water tank.

Brian
                    Brian & Michelle
                    2018 Reflection 29RS
                    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

On the Imagine 2600RB referenced in the original post you get to those valves at the back of the hot water heater by removing the bathroom pull out drawer next to the sink.

Charles and Susan
                      2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
                      Andersen Hitch
                      2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

ckreef and Country Campers --those were very informative posts--thank you! I had the same questions as Mark but (for once) was keeping quiet.
                        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
                        X