Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    bertschb

BTW . . . (assuming that this is a Suburban water heater) the white plastic thing between the black fitting and the water heater outlet is the check valve required by Suburban for winterizing. These plastic devices are known to be a problem. There are better brass ones. While you’re fixing plumbing issues . . . . . .

Rob
    Very good to know! Thanks again Rob!
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
    2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

While you're doing your Houdini act and crawling around under there, I'd also recommend that you replace that plastic water heater check valve with a much more robust one. There has been a lot of history on those plastic valves failing. Something such as this will fit the bill:

https://smile.amazon.com/Valterra-P2...6283145&sr=8-2

Edit: I should have read Rob's post above. But the link is still good.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
        While you're doing your Houdini act and crawling around under there, I'd also recommend that you replace that plastic water heater check valve with a much more robust one.
        Thanks Jim! I've got that brass check valve in my shopping cart.

On a different note, my wife and I got the paint protection film added to the front lower portion of the 5th wheel today. That area already had a lot of rock chips from the delivery :-(
        Brian & Kellie
        2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
        2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
        2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
        2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

Working...
        X