Hot water heater bypass on Imagine XLS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot water heater bypass on Imagine XLS

Hi everyone..We bought this 2019 GD Imagine XLS 21BHE in mid October 2019.The dealer we bought it from winterized it as we were going to put it in storage November1st.Now we want to de-winterize it but have no idea where the water heater bypass is.The owners manual is no help.I have looked everywhere I could think of to find it to no avail.Also can not find the winterization valve for future reference.Any help I can get will be deeply appreciated..Thank you

Sylentt1

Welcome to our owners technical forum !

I do not have an Imagine, but I understand that the valves you are looking for are behind the water heater.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. The water heater is in the right rear of the coach and the back of the heater backs up to the outdoor kitchen.I don't see any access panel anywheres.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylentt1 View Post
        Thanks for the welcome. The water heater is in the right rear of the coach and the back of the heater backs up to the outdoor kitchen.I don't see any access panel anywheres.
        One of the regulars here, Guest (Jim) has an Imagine. He's not currently online, but when he does login I bet he'll have an input for ya!
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Howard,

Thank you. Your XLS looks to be different from my Imagine 2600RB but since your hot water tank is at the right rear of the trailer the access to the hot water tank must be either under the bunk beds or on the left side of the slide out kitchen. Look for a removable panel. I do not own this rig so this would be all I have to offer.

Jim
          Last edited by Guest; 04-03-2020, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Hi everyone..We bought this 2019 GD Imagine XLS 21BHE in mid October 2019.The dealer we bought it from winterized it as we were going to put it in storage November1st.Now we want to de-winterize it but have no idea where the water heater bypass is.The owners manual is no help.I have looked everywhere I could think of to find it to no avail.Also can not find the winterization valve for future reference.Any help I can get will be deeply appreciated..Thank you
            Welcome to the Forum.

You may have to remove the lower bunk mattress along with the wood support under the mattress , or just a piece of this located at the rear wall. Under this you will have access to the water heater.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I want to thank you all for the responses to my question and for the welcome to this great forum.The bypass was indeed behind a panel on the left side of the outdoor kitchen.2 screws and the panel comes off and there it is.Special thanks to Midwest Camper (Jim) for getting me to look there again.I overlooked it yesterday but indeed it s there.So thanks once again to everyone who responded.Stay safe everyone!!

Comment

Sylentt1

You are welcome from all of us . . . as usual on this site, the answers are a "group effort" .

BTW, if you populate your signature block and sign your posts, we will know who you are.

Rob
                Cate & Rob
                (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I just wanted to thank you all for this post. I googled my issue (this exact one) and this thread popped up. I am a new owner of an Imagine XLS this spring and am attempting to de-winterize. Thanks again all.

Comment

Just be sure you get all 3 valves in the correct positions. At worst you'll turn on the water heater with an empty tank, at best you'll only get lukewarm water.
                    2017 Imagine 2650 & 2019 F-250 (Got tired of the F-150)

Comment

Thanks all, first trip in my 2800bh had the hot water cold water going on, figured it was the by-pass but did not know how to access the valves after reading the comments removed the panel above the outside grill and there they were. Thanks again!!

Comment

Originally posted by BWood9000 View Post
                        I just wanted to thank you all for this post. I googled my issue (this exact one) and this thread popped up. I am a new owner of an Imagine XLS this spring and am attempting to de-winterize. Thanks again all.
                        New owner of 2021 XLS Imagine. Just trying to figure it all out before winterize time (Alaska RVer).

The tube that you use to pull in the antifreeze, is that in the bypass area as well? Or perhaps behind the removable drawers? (Though that seems pretty cramped back there)

Comment

Originally posted by Zebo13 View Post

New owner of 2021 XLS Imagine. Just trying to figure it all out before winterize time (Alaska RVer).

The tube that you use to pull in the antifreeze, is that in the bypass area as well? Or perhaps behind the removable drawers? (Though that seems pretty cramped back there)
                          The tube will be close to the water pump, probably located behind the water connection panel in the pass thru storage. There should be a panel that you remove to access. Turn the water pump on to locate it then you will also find the tube for winterization.

Brian
                          Brian & Michelle
                          2018 Reflection 29RS
                          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Zebo13 View Post

You don’t say which specific model. On the 23BHE (similar to 21BHE), the water pump is under the rear dinette seat. There is an auxiliary hose there which has a cap on it. You’ll pull the cap, flip the 90° switch, and then you’ll be ready for antifreeze.
                            Tim H.
                            2022 Imagine XLS 23BHE
                            2019 Ford F250 Platinum 6.7L Diesel
                            Formerly: 2016 Ford F150 Lariat Super Crew, FX4, 3.5L EB, 6-1/2' bed
                            Formerly: 2019 Keystone Passport 175BH

Comment

I want to thank you all for the responses to my question and for the welcome to this great forum.The bypass was indeed behind a panel on the left side of the outdoor kitchen.2 screws and the panel comes off and there it is.Special thanks to Midwest Camper (Jim) for getting me to look there again.I overlooked it yesterday but indeed it s there.So thanks once again to everyone who responded.Stay safe everyone!!
                              Welcome to the forum, I would like to offer one more tip that may be overlooked. Before you turn the water heater on after dewinterizing, make sure that you fill the water tank.
                              Al & Ann
                              F150 with Max Tow Pkg.
                              Imagine 2670MK (2021)

Comment

Working...
                              X