Kantleak water valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kantleak water valve

Is there a video on how to change out the plastic water manifold to the bass manifold? Have a 2016 reflection trailer.

Originally posted by cricket View Post
    Is there a video on how to change out the plastic water manifold to the bass manifold? Have a 2016 reflection trailer.
    Welcome to Grand Design's Technical Forum.

No video that I know of, but my fellow moderator, Cate&Rob , put together the attached PDF a few years ago on the repair I *think* you are looking to do.

Hope this helps.

Howard

Kantleak Repair v2.pdf ​​​​​​​
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by cricket View Post
      I think you are looking to replace the entire water panel with the new brass version in this link from Anderson Brass ? https://www.abcorv.com/product-page/manrv102-1rf

I have not seen a video yet nor have I been aware of anyone who has done this. I too am wanting to consider this at some point. Possibly you can contact Anderson Brass. Maybe they have instructions and/or a video.

Dan
      Dan & Carol
      2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
      2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

I just bit the bullet yesterday and ordered the new all brass Anderson panel!

Does anyone know a part number/source for the 1/4 turn 1/2” valve called “fresh tank access” I know I could make something else work but would like to keep it OEM if I can...

Canyonlight

i will let you know how how it goes when I finish. Doubt I will be able to make a video....working by myself and I’m slow! And its crowded and dark in my basement 😂
        Keith and Diane
        2014 Reflection 337 RLS
        2017 Ram 3500 SRW Cummins Mega Cab

Comment

Kksfish
          Hi Keith,

From the Grand Design website parts list, the OE valve is PN 330020 (picture attached). I chose to use a different brass valve as described in the attachment to post 5 of this thread. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...o-access-tanks This has worked well and I think is a more durable solution for the reasons described in my rebuild notes.

Rob
          Attached Files
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Cate&Rob

Thanks Rob, I think this is what I will go with as well, more durable......I had only wanted to go OEM because when others help set up(kids and grandkids) it doesn’t look like the ! In the diagram.....
            Keith and Diane
            2014 Reflection 337 RLS

Comment

Originally posted by Kksfish View Post
              Cate&Rob

Thanks Rob, I think this is what I will go with as well, more durable......I had only wanted to go OEM because when others help set up(kids and grandkids) it doesn’t look like the ! In the diagram.....
              Hi Keith,
              If you paint the (normally clear plastic) knob black, it looks more-or-less like the one in the diagram and performs the same function if turned in the indicated direction. More than a 1/4 turn, but similar enough.
              Rob
              Cate & Rob
              (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Kksfish View Post
                I just bit the bullet yesterday and ordered the new all brass Anderson panel!

Does anyone know a part number/source for the 1/4 turn 1/2” valve called “fresh tank access” I know I could make something else work but would like to keep it OEM if I can...

Canyonlight

i will let you know how how it goes when I finish. Doubt I will be able to make a video....working by myself and I’m slow! And its crowded and dark in my basement 😂
                Awesome, Keith !........thank you, in advance for this. Look forward to reading your feedback hopefully with pictures.

Dan
                Dan & Carol
                2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
                2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

No delivery date yet! I’m starting to get anxious waiting on the new panel to arrive.......
                  I hope it arrives in time for me to install prior to my planned trip to Nashville starting May 30......

I’m pretty sure everyone will figure out that the valve needs to be turned more than 1/4 turn especially if I make a tag to go on it!😂

Keith and Diane
                  2014 Reflection 337 RLS

Comment

Working...
                  X