2020 Imagine 2450RL Grey Tank 2 not dumping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Imagine 2450RL Grey Tank 2 not dumping

My Grey Tank 1 went from 1/3 full to a backed up sink in a day which tells me the sensor is inaccurate. I dumped the grey tank - Grey 1 is showing empty but Grey 2 is showing 1/3 full. I don’t see a separate dump valve for Grey 2. There’s nothing in the book about dumping Grey 2 separately.

Originally posted by Rod & Stephanie Ryan View Post
    My Grey Tank 1 went from 1/3 full to a backed up sink in a day which tells me the sensor is inaccurate. I dumped the grey tank - Grey 1 is showing empty but Grey 2 is showing 1/3 full. I don’t see a separate dump valve for Grey 2. There’s nothing in the book about dumping Grey 2 separately.
    If you have a second grey tank the valve and outlet should be behind the slide on the same side. This should be for the kitchen sink.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

If you have a second grey tank the valve and outlet should be behind the slide on the same side. This should be for the kitchen sink.

Brian
      On my rig Grey 1 is the kitchen sink and as mentioned the valve is under the far rear drivers side. There should be a label on the side of the body.
      My Grey 2 is the shower and bathroom sink and the valve is located forward of the drivers side slide and is also labeled on the side of the body.
      Although your rig could be somewhat different, my understanding is that most Imagines are pretty much the same. Good luck.
      Dave and Sue
      2020 GD 2250RK
      2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
      Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
      GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
      SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

I located the grey drain outlet for the kitchen which is behind the slide-out on the driver’s side. There is only one drain visible in front of the slide-out on the driver’s side which is black. I took another look under the camper and located the handle for Grey 2. I wasn’t aware that it shared the same drain outlet as the black tank.

Comment

I wasn’t aware that it shared the same drain outlet as the black tank.
          Whenever possible, a grey tank uses a common drain with a black tank so that the grey water can be used to flush out the hoses after dumping the black tank. WRT the tank level gauges, these are notorious for being inaccurate. Don't put too much faith in whatever they read.

Rob
          Last edited by Cate&Rob; 05-08-2020, 08:01 AM.
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I located the grey drain outlet for the kitchen which is behind the slide-out on the driver’s side. There is only one drain visible in front of the slide-out on the driver’s side which is black. I took another look under the camper and located the handle for Grey 2. I wasn’t aware that it shared the same drain outlet as the black tank.
            The label for Gray 2 must have fallen off. In any case at least you know now how the tank drain System works. Happy (and safe!) Camping. Ps: As Rob said, the tank level gauges are rarely accurate but after a short time you’ll know by experience when it’s time to dump.
            Dave and Sue
            2020 GD 2250RK
            2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
            Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
            GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
            SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

Originally posted by Schiefswret View Post

The label for Gray 2 must have fallen off. In any case at least you know now how the tank drain System works. Happy (and safe!) Camping. Ps: As Rob said, the tank level gauges are rarely accurate but after a short time you’ll know by experience when it’s time to dump.

In my 2600rb when the kitchen sink no longer drains it's beyond time to dump that gray tank. I imagine when the other gray tank gets beyond time to dump it'll start backing up in the shower. To go one step further if you go to flush the toilet and nothing goes down it's beyond time to dump the black.

I doubt any of the above situations are recommended. Found out about the kitchen sink when Mrs skreef was doing the dishes and the water wasn't draining. She stopped what she was doing so I could quickly attach the sewer hose and open the gray tank.
              Charles and Susan
              2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
              Andersen Hitch
              2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

Working...
              X