No announcement yet.

Sanitizing FW system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just pour the bleach into the water hose. Connect the hose to the city water port. Have the valves set to tank fill. Turn the hydrant on and fill the fresh water tank. I can then use the pump to put the water/bleach solution into the plumbing. Add more water to top up the fresh water tank.
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
      Do you have a faucet open when trying to pull from your bucket? Also some folks say to flip the inlet screen in the city hose port to hold the check valve open. If you do this be sure to flip it back for normal use.
      Hope this helps
      There is a test plug designed to push the check valve open for pressure testing the plumbing. Seems expensive for what it is.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210403-091047_Chrome.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	48945
      Ted
      2021 Reflection 310RLS
      2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

That's way to expensive for a resale item. Looks like other people make a similar one much cheaper: https://www.rvti.org/products/city-w...nlet-test-plug
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
          That's way to expensive for a resale item. Looks like other people make a similar one much cheaper: https://www.rvti.org/products/city-w...nlet-test-plug
          Excellent. If I ever get my fresh water port back in order, I'm going get one of these. Thank you (and TedS ) for this head's up.

-Steve
          2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes
          Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles, V-Brackets in spring hangers
          2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
          18k B&W Companion, non-slider
          640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
          Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
          Somerset, WI

Comment

Working...
          X