Shower curtain removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shower curtain removal

I'm trying to find a way to remove the shower curtain that came on our 2019 Imagine 2670 MK.

I'm not saying anything is wrong with it at all. Nothing is wrong with it. It works fine. It is just not what we prefer. It is about the only thing on the entire camper we just don't like. We like this camper ,it is the best one we have ever owned out of the 6 we have had over the years. We just want a plain old shower curtain. How can I remove it with out doing any damage or breaking it? I took the top bar off already and can take off more of it. The roll up curtain part is where I run in to my questions.

Is there some way to pry that cover off the roller?

I know I can remove it, but would prefer not do any harm. I can seal up all the screw holes easy enough. I just want that curtain system gone. Can I get some advice on this please.

Thanks.

Jim
    Jim T
    2019 Imagine 2670MK
    Ram 2500 Deisel

GDRV-Megan - Can you check with one of the factory folks to get directions on how to remove the shower curtain for Jim?

Thanks,

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by ScopesNC View Post
      I'm trying to find a way to remove the shower curtain that came on our 2019 Imagine 2670 MK.

I'm not saying anything is wrong with it at all. Nothing is wrong with it. It works fine. It is just not what we prefer. It is about the only thing on the entire camper we just don't like. We like this camper ,it is the best one we have ever owned out of the 6 we have had over the years. We just want a plain old shower curtain. How can I remove it with out doing any damage or breaking it? I took the top bar off already and can take off more of it. The roll up curtain part is where I run in to my questions.

Is there some way to pry that cover off the roller?

I know I can remove it, but would prefer not do any harm. I can seal up all the screw holes easy enough. I just want that curtain system gone. Can I get some advice on this please.

Thanks.

Jim
      Is this the Nautilus shower door, that you're referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Megan View Post

Is this the Nautilus shower door, that you're referring to?
        Not sure what you refer to with that name. It rolls like a screen from left to right as a shower curtain. I asked GD and a guy name Brian said he would get back to me. He was going to find out from some other group , but has never gotten back to me on it. Guess things are busy there. No big deal. I figured it out with a hint from someone else who has issues with theirs.
        Jim T
        2019 Imagine 2670MK
        Ram 2500 Deisel

Comment

Hello. I have a 2020 Imagine 2450RL with the same problem.... my Nautilus shower curtain leaks as well...bottom left hand corner where the track and curtain frame meets the wall. I would appreciate some insight on how to take this device apart so that It can be caulked properly. Thanks
          Moe & Donna
          2020 Imagine 2450RL

Comment

Originally posted by Moe View Post
            Hello. I have a 2020 Imagine 2450RL with the same problem.... my Nautilus shower curtain leaks as well...bottom left hand corner where the track and curtain frame meets the wall. I would appreciate some insight on how to take this device apart so that It can be caulked properly. Thanks
            Mine wasn't leaking , but I would think all you need is to make sure that little flapper door is sealed shut and the rubber squeegee is in place right. If nothing else your dealer should be able to fix that easy enough. It seems to have been a problem with these many times . I just wanted to remove mine completely. Wish I could be of more help. I just know you'll have to get that little flapper door on the inside shower part open first and make sure that seal is good.

Jim T
            2019 Imagine 2670MK
            Ram 2500 Deisel

Comment

Well I did remove mine. Not with out breaking the inside roller mechanism you can't see until the screen itself is off. I know now how it can be done and wish someone at GD had told me about the clip at the bottom being taken off first. Alas they never got back to me on this at all. Not bashing on GD , just saying . I did get the screen off and the job is done. We like the normal shower curtain we have up and think it looks much better now. It also adds more elbow room because the bar pushes out and in about 8 inches. So for us it worked out just fine.

The whole thing comes off rather easy if you know how it was installed. There are 3 screws you see on the right hand side and they are the only screws on the entire thing. Not even sure why they are there except for looks. The rest is held on by some double sided tape. and sealed along the inside edge with silicone. That is all that holds it on. I used some string to cut all of it away from the shower walls. Just went right down and along the shower screen in between the wall and screen frame. It cut away like butter. Getting the silicone off is a chore of time consuming bad words , but other than that . It is done and we like the end results.
              Jim T
              2019 Imagine 2670MK
              Ram 2500 Deisel

Comment

Working...
              X