City water inlet valve leaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City water inlet valve leaking

Hello I just took delivery of a new 2020 Imagine 2450RL. While getting the unit ready for summer, and doing my own "PDI", I hooked up my home water supply to the city water inlet valve, with a 50lb. inline water pressure regulator, to test for leaks....well I found one right at the inlet valve that would put some water parks to shame. I tried everything from using a different hose, to changing the rubber gaskets, removing/checking the screen, and reducing the water pressure to under 10 lb's, but keep getting a streams of water shooting out in a couple of different directions, and water dripping below the knob. The water is coming out from around the knob used to tighten the fitting with the hose. It doesn't seem to matter whether or not there is any back pressure because I had the valve set to fill my empty fresh water tank. Wondering if I am doing something wrong, or could I have a bad inlet valve. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!
    Moe & Donna
    2020 Imagine 2450RL

Moe
    Hi Moe,

This should come down to the rubber gasket that the end of the hose tightens up against. If this gasket/O ring is in good shape (and you say that you have just replaced it) I'm guessing that the inlet valve is cracked or split.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
      Moe
      Hi Moe,

This should come down to the rubber gasket that the end of the hose tightens up against. If this gasket/O ring is in good shape (and you say that you have just replaced it) I'm guessing that the inlet valve is cracked or split.

Rob
      That makes sense... neither the gasket that came with the trailer, or the new gasket I installed did the trick. Could the size of the hose coupler make a difference... I was using garden hoses instead of a proper RV drinking water hose (still waiting for my RV accessories shipment to come in from Amazon). I doubt the threaded brass fittings are different, but you never know.
      Moe & Donna
      2020 Imagine 2450RL

Comment

Originally posted by Moe View Post

That makes sense... neither the gasket that came with the trailer, or the new gasket I installed did the trick. Could the size of the hose coupler make a difference... I was using garden hoses instead of a proper RV drinking water hose (still waiting for my RV accessories shipment to come in from Amazon). I doubt the threaded brass fittings are different, but you never know.
        Garden hoses and RV water hoses have the same size ends. Does the end of the hose have any dents that would prevent a good seal against the gasket? Is there any "wiggle" in the hose when it seems tight to the gasket?

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

Garden hoses and RV water hoses have the same size ends. Does the end of the hose have any dents that would prevent a good seal against the gasket? Is there any "wiggle" in the hose when it seems tight to the gasket?

Rob
          I took the intake nozzle right out of the trailer and tried some different things. There is no wiggle room when the fitting is tight. It still leaks even with no back pressure. I tried a brass elbow which has a solid contact point with the gasket and no luck... Looked at the fitting inside and out...don't see any cracks. I am stumped. Doesn't seem to matter what I attach to the water intake valve... even the two different hoses I used both leaked at the intake valve? I think I will wait for my shipment to come in... if I don't get results with a brand new drinking water hose, I am gonna leave it for the dealership to diagnose, (Maybe the valve was built at 4:30 p.m. on a Friday afternoon before a long weekend? ... who knows). It's going in for a few other repairs anyway.
          Moe & Donna
          2020 Imagine 2450RL

Comment

Help! Ours does the same. Husband tightened it to the cracking point (2nd times its broken) Has anyone replaced this on their own. 1st available appointment is 8 weeks out

Comment

Originally posted by Cathie926 View Post
              Help! Ours does the same. Husband tightened it to the cracking point (2nd times its broken) Has anyone replaced this on their own. 1st available appointment is 8 weeks out
              What trailer do you own, Cathie926? A picture of the panel with the broken piece will help.

Most likely what you'll need is a B&B Molders CITY WATER or WINTERIZER INLET (White Coupler) part number 301-036-00017 One source (recommended by the B&B OEM) is https://www.rvlocksandmore.com/B-B-MOLDERS

The specific part I believe you want is here: https://www.rvlocksandmore.com/Repla...ve-Polar-White

The part is relatively easy to replace if you can access the back side. Unscrew the water line, remove the clip (arrow pointing to it below) and the valve will come out. Install the new one in reverse.

Click image for larger version

Name:	clip.jpg
Views:	738
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	104898

The pic below is what the backside of this valve looked like on my 315RLTS' V1 Nautilus Panel.

Name:	backside.jpg
Views:	754
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	104899

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I have found a similar leak on the water inlet for our 2022 22MLE. Did you find resolution/ repair for your leak. If so, can you please share how repair was made?

How do you access the back side of the panel to replace the fill check valve? Or to repair leaking fittings. Pretty sure there is a fitting/ plastic seal leaking on the back side of the panel. It is not a problem with the hose / rubber hose gasket issue.
                Thanks, Bill
                Last edited by Sully; 05-30-2023, 07:06 PM.

Comment

I have found some hose ends and fittings have a shoulder that bottoms against the swivel nut before the hose end seats against the washer and prevents getting a seal. Try doubling up on the washers so they seal before the shoulder seats against the swivel nut.
                  Ted
                  2021 Reflection 310RLS
                  2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Sully View Post
                    I have found a similar leak on the water inlet for our 2022 22MLE. Did you find resolution/ repair for your leak. If so, can you please share how repair was made?

How is do you access the back side of the panel to replace the fill check valve? Thanks, Bill
                    I had a leak on the water inlet of our 2020 22mle. Here’s a thread I created that might help:
                    https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ter-inlet-leak

After just about 2 years now from replacing the swivel seal washer it started to leak again last week so I replaced the seal again. I’m coming to an understanding with this issue on our trailer that movement over time, screwing the hose on/off, causes the seal to get dislodged just enough to allow a drip leak. To try and reduce the movement I just purchased a 3’ leader hose and quick connects. I plan to keep the quick connect on all the time so there’s no more screwing on/off each camping trip.
                    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L
                    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
                    Andersen WDH
                    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
                    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
                    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Comment

Thanks for the information. Looks like a poor design on these fittings. Once I get behind the panel for troubleshooting/ repair. I will use your idea on a leader hose. I found a YouTube video addressing the same problem and a cool why to reassemble the panel for better access later. Also they installed a brass 45 degree fitting at the hose attachment to eliminate some of the stress or kink in the hose. Im going to attempt a warranty repair, but im a little skeptical on outcome. Probably better doing it myself. Ex navy submarine MM1 and used to doing these things myself for a more harmonious outcome. Thanks again

Comment

Name:	Water_inlet_hose.jpg
Views:	597
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	113467
                        I installed a quick connect in the water inlet and on the potable water hose.

Ted
                        2021 Reflection 310RLS
                        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Working...
                        X