Mystery Plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery Plate

While removing the rest of the coroplast for my "down under" project I found this plate lying inside, just above the suspension. Very curious! It's either from the MORryde suspension installation or some wierd leftover from my trailer's production.

It was remarkably heavy--definitely steel.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Steel 1.JPG
Views:	363
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	19197

Name:	Steel 2.JPG
Views:	277
Size:	402.1 KB
ID:	19198
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

What the heck??? It will be interesting to hear what people think it was used for. I'm guessing it was used to protect the underbelly while welding at MORryde.

I found a flashlight under the engine cowl of my snowmobile once when changing the oil. That wasn't a mystery though. I had left it there the last time I changed the oil.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
    2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
      While removing the rest of the coroplast for my "down under" project I found this plate lying inside, just above the suspension. Very curious! It's either from the MORryde suspension installation or some wierd leftover from my trailer's production.

It was remarkably heavy--definitely steel.

Name:	Steel 1.JPG
Views:	363
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	19197

Name:	Steel 2.JPG
Views:	277
Size:	402.1 KB
ID:	19198
      Howard - you absolutely must put it back where you found it. It is what holds everything together and provides data back to GD. Treat it with care - you don't want to upset the alien life forms living there. Cosmic events of untold comprehension will unfold.

Meanwhile I think Brian bertschb is correct that from the looks of it it is a welding shield of some sort.
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
        Meanwhile I think Brian bertschb is correct that from the looks of it it is a welding shield of some sort.
        I'll have to email Brian at MORryde and ask him if he wants it back.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Maybe it's a television backer plate for mounting a TV under the trailer... ;-)

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by bertschb View Post
            What the heck??? It will be interesting to hear what people think it was used for. I'm guessing it was used to protect the underbelly while welding at MORryde.

I found a flashlight under the engine cowl of my snowmobile once when changing the oil. That wasn't a mystery though. I had left it there the last time I changed the oil.
            I vote for this theory.

Rob
            Rob & Laura
            U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
            2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
            2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
            (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
            Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Well at least you picked up some additional cargo capacity Howard.
              Jeff
              2019 Solitude 375 RES
              2020 Ford F450 Platinum

Comment

Working...
              X