Replacing the Soft Hose in a 315RLTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cate&Rob (Rob,)
    I bought a pressure gauge off of Amazon that has a 1/4" NPT male connection. I cannot find a 1/4" female NPT to 1/2" PEX adapter. How did you connect yours or did you get a gauge with a different connector?

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
      (Rob,)
      I bought a pressure gauge off of Amazon that has a 1/4" NPT male connection. I cannot find a 1/4" female NPT to 1/2" PEX adapter. How did you connect yours or did you get a gauge with a different connector?

Howard
      I adapted from PEX to 1/2” thread and then to 1/4” thread.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Cate&Rob (Rob,)

Howard
        Hi Howard,

See post 20 on this thread https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ing-this/page2 Basically two standard pipe thread bushings and a standard Pex to 1/2" pipe thread connector will work.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

Hi Howard,

See post 20 on this thread https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ing-this/page2 Basically two standard pipe thread bushings and a standard Pex to 1/2" pipe thread connector will work.

Rob
          Thank you! I was standing in front of a board filled with adapters totally bewildered when I remembered to check the forum--and there was the answer. Five minutes later I had everything I needed.

Comment

Black Flush Valve Location

While replacing the soft hose to the shower I came across the black flush valve. I suspect this is in the same location in most GD RVs as in my 315RLTS (but I don't know).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Black Flush Valve.JPG
Views:	584
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	20340

Comment

Soft Hose to Toilet

In retrospect this was probably not the smartest task I've tackled. If something had gone wrong with snaking the pex between the floor and black tank...it would have been a bad day. Happily it all went fine and I got it done.

Below shows where the soft hose starts (near the black tank exit under the trailer) and it runs all the way to the toilet connection.

Name:	Started here.JPG
Views:	560
Size:	167.4 KB
ID:	20345

These shots are with my phone shoved up above the black tank, looking back to where the line rises up into the bathroom near the toilet. The large obstruction is (obviously) the waste connection from the toilet to the black tank.

The first picture is the "before"--you can see the pex I attached to the soft line. I was trying to figure out if there was an obstruction. There wasn't--it was the tight turn making it so hard to get the pex routed. I bent the pex near where I connected it to the soft hose (multiple places, crimped over 90 degrees) so there was maximum flex in the pex. (I had plenty of line, so these damaged areas were cut out after-the-fact.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Soft to Pex.JPG Views:	0 Size:	148.9 KB ID:	20342

This is the same vantage point but with all new pex.

Click image for larger version  Name:	AFter.JPG Views:	0 Size:	95.1 KB ID:	20343
              I don't have a "before" shot of the actual line on the toilet, but it was a soft hose with a single connection. I replaced it with the configuration shown below which includes a shutoff valve. I really don't know why I put in the extra disconnect...but it's there now.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Why this disconnect.JPG Views:	0 Size:	51.0 KB ID:	20344

Howard

Comment

Water Heater / Shower / Sink Soft Hose (Not Complete!)

I ran out of crimp rings! But it's about 90% complete.

First shot is the lines under the trailer. There were four total soft lines, two related to the hot water tank and two more going to the shower and sink. I know the picture doesn't seem to show four lines, but there were four!

For those who've followed this thread they will recognize the bathroom gray tank valve and will have an idea of where this is under the trailer.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Where the Lines are.JPG Views:	0 Size:	185.6 KB ID:	20349

For the hot water heater I didn't need to use any junctions, I ran all new line from under the closet (pics in a sec) to the front of the trailer (that's not done). You can see the water heater lines bend up into the trailer. The other two were "T'd" into the water lines.

Click image for larger version  Name:	AFter lines.JPG Views:	0 Size:	84.5 KB ID:	20350

Below is a shot of the new lines under the sink. I added shutoffs here, too.

Click image for larger version  Name:	out of crimps.JPG Views:	0 Size:	138.0 KB ID:	20351

Before and after near the water heater. I replaced the check valve with a brass one while I was working in this area.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Before Water Heater.JPG Views:	0 Size:	113.0 KB ID:	20352

Again, this is not done as I ran out of crimps so there are lines still disconnected. Note I added a shutoff to the water heater input, too.

Hard to see in this picture, but what I also did was fashion a male-to-male connection from the water heater cold water inlet to the pex line (with a female adapter attached). This makes it possible to remove all the lines without cutting anything out.

Click image for larger version  Name:	After water heater.JPG Views:	0 Size:	120.5 KB ID:	20353

Still plenty to do here to tidy up the install and crimp the final lines. Then I move forward to the last low point drains and finally the Nautilus panel rebuild.

Howard

Comment

howson

Howard

Post #65 , with the shower controls removed. I noticed that there is no sealant between the shower control panel and the shower wall. This area should be sealed when you reinstall , also make sure that the knob section is sealed to the panel.

Brian
                  Brian & Michelle
                  2018 Reflection 29RS
                  2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
                    howson

Howard

Post #65 , with the shower controls removed. I noticed that there is no sealant between the shower control panel and the shower wall. This area should be sealed when you reinstall , also make sure that the knob section is sealed to the panel.

Brian
                    Dang--never even occurred to me. Thanks, Brian!

Comment

Cate&Rob (Rob,)

Howard

Name:	WaterPressureGuage.jpg
Views:	536
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	20381
                      2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes
                      Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles, V-Brackets in spring hangers
                      2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
                      18k B&W Companion, non-slider
                      640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
                      Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
                      Somerset, WI

Comment

Black Flush Valve Location

While replacing the soft hose to the shower I came across the black flush valve. I suspect this is in the same location in most GD RVs as in my 315RLTS (but I don't know).

Name:	Black Flush Valve.JPG
Views:	584
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	20340
                        That is where mine is. I had to replace it this year.
                        2019 Ford F250 Lariat Diesel
                        2019 Reflection 315RLTS

Comment

Front Drains, Water Lines into Nautilus Area

Overcast in NW Florida today, so did outside work (leaving the incomplete work around the water heater for another day).

The two front OEM low point drains are now mounted like the other ones. The two in the front, under the passthru door, are drains I added for the washer lines. (They are not OEM.)

Name:	Front Drain1.JPG
Views:	571
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	20401

Here's a closeup of all the drains now lined up along the skirting. (Of course I noticed AFTER finishing that I'd started with HOT then COLD and reversed it with the front drains, which are COLD then HOT. Oh well...I'm probably the only one that would notice.)

Name:	Drains Lined Up.JPG
Views:	658
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	20402

From rear to front, these are the components you see lined up: OEM low point drains, water tank dump handle, water tank overflow line shutoff valve, water tank dump line, OEM low point drains, washer drains.

I did a lot of work to straighten wires in the Nautilus area and got the water lines into the area, too, but not enough done to show pictures.

Howard

Comment

Front Drains, Water Lines into Nautilus Area

Howard
                            Edit to provide access to the pics. Thanks.

-Steve

Somerset, WI

Comment

Originally posted by howson

??? You can't see the pics in the post?
                              Hi Howard,

I can see all of the pics just as an FYI. By the way you are doing a great job fixing up the trailer and awesome at documenting for everyone else.

Thanks,
                              Rob
                              Rob & Barb
                              2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
                              2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

Originally posted by howson

??? You can't see the pics in the post?
                                Yes. Now. Not when I first viewed.

Sorry for the alarm.

-Steve
                                Somerset, WI

Comment

Working...
                                X