Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pump Removal ( How To with Notes -- 315RLTS )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pump Removal ( How To with Notes -- 315RLTS )

As part of my "Down Under" and soft hose removal project, I removed my 315RLTS' water pump today. For many this is basic stuff, but it was new to me. The purpose of this thread is to document what I encountered so it (hopefully) helps another plumbing newb like me.

The pump is directly behind the Nautilus panel in my trailer. I'd replaced the side access panel during a different project (normally held on with Robertson screws) with velcro, so access from the side was easy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pump Location.JPG
Views:	1143
Size:	158.3 KB
ID:	19461

As others have referenced in other conversations about "hidden fuses", there's a 10A fuse for the pump in the tangle of wires.

Name:	10A Fuse.JPG
Views:	743
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	19462

Name:	Removal 1.JPG
Views:	652
Size:	200.9 KB
ID:	19463

Name:	Removal 2.JPG
Views:	672
Size:	207.6 KB
ID:	19464

Based on what I found in the pump and filter, as discussed last fall on many winterization-type threads, IMO running anti-freeze through the pump should be a part of the winterization process.

Name:	Notes about Filter.JPG
Views:	622
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	19465

Hope this helps someone. Any questions or comments...fire away.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Howard

I recently moved the pump fuse from right at the pump up to the switch on the Nautilus panel. Much easier to access when or if needed.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
      Howard

I recently moved the pump fuse from right at the pump up to the switch on the Nautilus panel. Much easier to access when or if needed.

Brian
      So I have a question about that fuse. I, myself, recently added a dedicated 12 V 15 amp circuit for the pump into my main distribution panel. Do I still need the 10 amp fuse? I added the new circuit because I was replacing the pump and working in there anyway. The new pump's installation manual said I had to install a 10 amp fuse, and it was not provided with the pump. On the new pump, a Flow Max, and the old pump, a SurFlo, the labels say max current is 8 amps. Is that 10 amp fuse protecting the pump and not the wire?

Also, Brian, with battery fuses, they say the fuse needs to be near the battery. Did your moving the pump-fuse away from the pump create some kind of cosmic "singularity"?

-Steve
      2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes
      Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles, V-Brackets in spring hangers
      2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
      18k B&W Companion, non-slider
      640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
      Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
      Somerset, WI

Comment

Originally posted by steve&renee View Post

So I have a question about that fuse. I, myself, recently added a dedicated 12 V 15 amp circuit for the pump into my main distribution panel. Do I still need the 10 amp fuse? I added the new circuit because I was replacing the pump and working in there anyway. The new pump's installation manual said I had to install a 10 amp fuse, and it was not provided with the pump. On the new pump, a Flow Max, and the old pump, a SurFlo, the labels say max current is 8 amps. Is that 10 amp fuse protecting the pump and not the wire?

Also, Brian, with battery fuses, they say the fuse needs to be near the battery. Did your moving the pump-fuse away from the pump create some kind of cosmic "singularity"?

-Steve
        I believe that the fuse is located at the pump because they do not have a dedicated power source from the main panel , you have taken care of that when you added yours. I would replace the fuse with a 10 amp as this was standard. I moved mine through the winter and have not tried it yet. I did not think of any ill effects that this might cause. Hopefully a electrical genius will chime in here and tell me to move the fuse back to the pump or leave it at the switch. I do not think that the placement of the fuse will have any effect on how it reacts to the load , but that it me thinking and that gets me into trouble sometimes(ok most of the time).

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
        X