X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pumping Gray Water to a Tank

Cate&Rob

​​​​​​​Rob,
    While searching for an answer to the Sanicon question in another thread I stumbled across the picture below at "the-place-that-shall-not-be-named". It was posted well before my time (2015)--do you still do this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wow - Rob Gray Tank Solution.JPG
Views:	350
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	19581
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

howson

Hi Howard

When I read the question about the Sanicon, I also thought of this "solution" but did not offer it because the question pertained to how to build in a "permanent" macerator pump.

We still have this system but have not carried it with us for years, because we now seem to find ourselves usually at parks with FHU sites. When we were frequenting Florida State parks, we often found ourselves on a site without sewer connection. The black tank was fine (with use of the park washrooms) but we would run out of grey tank space. This was the solution and worked very well. It would work for black tank dumping, but I never had to do that.

I did have to add an auxiliary air inlet (I used an AAV) to the transfer tank to keep it from collapsing while draining . . . which happens very quickly due to the height difference from the bed of the truck.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

My waste tote is a 30-gallon barrel mounted in the truck bed. For gray water I was using a cheap Harbor Freight 12V marine pump but have since upgraded to a 12V macerator pump.
      2017 Imagine 2650 & 2019 F-250 (Got tired of the F-150)

Comment

Working...
      X