Reflection 29RS Shower door to shower curtain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflection 29RS Shower door to shower curtain

One item that has been on our "to do" list was something to do with the shower doors in our 29RS. I am a little taller than most (6'5") and did not like stooping to get into the shower. The door opening is rather narrow as well. We did a little searching and found a radius shower curtain rod and decided to give it a try.
    Removing the shower doors was fairly easy with 2 people. The only catch was that where the top bar connects to the wall there are 2 brackets that can not be removed. We just covered these with foam.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Shower 1.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	19583
    The brackets can be seen at the top of shower at each corner. Directly above these brackets on the interior wall is where I mounted the new shower curtain rod mounts. Tapping and pushing on the wall I determined that this area has some kind of backing and when I screwed the mounts onto the wall it was very solid.

Next post please.
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Here is the after curtain picture.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Shower 2a.jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.7 KB ID:	19587

I was able to gain almost 5" of head room with this mod. The second thing that was gained was elbow room inside the bathroom. With the doors the room was very small , with the curtain open there is lots of elbow room. The radius of the curtain rod does not match the shower pan but fits rather nicely. The rod is also adjustable and was actually too long for this application. I had to remove 3" from each adjustable section , 4 cuts total. The curtain rod is also actual stainless steel , pretty amazed at this. This was found on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Stretchable-S...83&sr=8-9&th=1.

One of the reasons we bought our GD unit was the ceiling height , was the only one that i could stand in the bathroom and bedroom and my head does not touch the ceiling.

The frame work for the shower doors remain and the doors can easily be re-installed.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Brian - nicely done ! Your post also brings back the memory from many taller folks like you who shared that the GDRV shower and bedroom height was/is greater than many other similar floor plans.

Dan
      Dan & Carol
      2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
      2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Working...
      X