Momentum 381M Toy hauler 2nd Grey water handle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Momentum 381M Toy hauler 2nd Grey water handle

Just bought 381m and can not find second grey water drain handle. Called customer support and they say it is there. Any direction would be greatly appreciated, for the life of me I can not find it.

Originally posted by Rsroth View Post
    Just bought 381m and can not find second grey water drain handle. Called customer support and they say it is there. Any direction would be greatly appreciated, for the life of me I can not find it.
    Welcome to Grand Design's Technical Forum. Unfortunately I can't find a picture of the lower section of a 381M showing the handles.

I did find the rear black/gray handle--that one is behind the rear tires (street side).

Click image for larger version

Name:	1 Rear Black and Gray.JPG
Views:	1270
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	19732

The bathroom gray and black are controlled by the handles at the Nautilus panel. (I should write I assume they are controlled by the handles at the Nautilus panel.)

Name:	Black and Gray Tanks at Nautilus.JPG
Views:	1408
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	19733
    So the mystery handle is the kitchen gray. Typically the kitchen gray is below the kitchen, so I'm guessing you'll find it under the forward side of the kitchen slide-out, just aft of the sewer drain connector. Again, on the street side (all the handles are on the street side).

Don't be confused by the white handle that aft of the kitchen slide, that's the fresh water tank dump.

Please respond back when you find it.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Yes I have found all those handles that you have a pic of. I’m not giving up, it might just drive me crazy until I find it. Somewhere their has to be a way to flush that back discharge from the mysterious second Grey tank

Comment

Unless you purchased your Momentum with a washer and dryer, I wouldn't be so certain that you have a second grey tank. See response #13 on https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...-tank-capacity
        John
        2018 Momentum 395M
        2018 Ram 3500 Dually
        Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

GDRV-Megan -- are there multiple gray tank configurations for 381Ms? In the diagram I have there's a black and gray next to each other (under the master bath), a gray under the kitchen, and another combo black/gray for the rear bath.

If the 381Ms are all the same, can you have someone at the factory take a picture of where the exterior gray dump handle is for kitchen tank?

Thanks.

Howard
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

I thought we determined at one time the shower/bath grey and the kitchen grey tanks share the same valve?

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
              GDRV-Megan -- are there multiple gray tank configurations for 381Ms? In the diagram I have there's a black and gray next to each other (under the master bath), a gray under the kitchen, and another combo black/gray for the rear bath.

If the 381Ms are all the same, can you have someone at the factory take a picture of where the exterior gray dump handle is for kitchen tank?

Thanks.

Howard
              I'm working on this right now. I am seeing the same print that you have with the 2 black tanks and 2 gray tanks. I'll let you all know what I find out when I hear back from production.

Comment

There is only 1 gray tank, 1 black tank, and 1 combo gray/black tank in the 381M. The prints that were given to the moderators last year were last revised in 2017, so they were wrong.

Comment

Thank You Megan. Wife thought I couldn’t find the other grey tank handle like I look for other stuff that is right in front of me.😜

Comment

Hello everyone. We are new here to the forum.

Thank you for answering my question before I could ask. I thought I had lost it. I have found that the 1/2 bath has a shared black/ gray tank.

However,I do have another question or two on the 381m. We recently purchased 2019 year model.The specs indicate 156 gal fresh water capacity. Is this one tank or two, possibly connected? There are two drain valves under the unit, one in front of the axles and one to the rear of the axles.

Also, what is the capacity of the gray tank shared by the master bath and kitchen?

Thank you for your help with this.
                    Tom and Bea
                    2015 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn
                    2019 Monentum 381 M
                    2020 Hensley Trailer Saver TS3 air ride hitch
                    Shadow-King Charles Spaniel mix (rescued)

Comment

Originally posted by FireCpl View Post
                      Hello everyone. We are new here to the forum.

Thank you for answering my question before I could ask. I thought I had lost it. I have found that the 1/2 bath has a shared black/ gray tank.

However,I do have another question or two on the 381m. We recently purchased 2019 year model.The specs indicate 156 gal fresh water capacity. Is this one tank or two, possibly connected? There are two drain valves under the unit, one in front of the axles and one to the rear of the axles.

Also, what is the capacity of the gray tank shared by the master bath and kitchen?

Thank you for your help with this.
                      Welcome to the forum. Before I forget--please check out the Letter to New Members so you know how to get the most out of this forum: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

According to the GD Parts Lookup website (link on the menu bar) the main tank is an Alpha 770002 which is a 98 gallon tank. This tank is just aft of the kitchen island.

There's an aux tank that is just aft of the doors that lead into the garage. This tank is a 42 gallon tank. The rest of the fresh water capacity is in the hot water tank.

I don't know if they are connected. The drawings I have access to view don't show that detail. (Might be an interesting experiment for you or another owner of this model. Test it and let us know what you learn!)

The drawings don't show the capacities of the gray tanks. The parts lookup does not give a clue nor do the drawings I have access to view. The parts lookup does list only one tank, though, so since there are two in the trailer I'm guessing they are 39 gallon tanks (based on a 78 gallon total capacity).

Hopefully someone else with more concrete info will chime in.

Below are the screenshots showing the fresh water tanks.

Howard

Name:	Tank1.JPG
Views:	965
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	33515

Name:	Tank 2.JPG
Views:	916
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	33516
                      Howard

Comment

A little older model but we have two freshwater tanks and they are connected, which makes sense since we only have the one water pump. To confirm this FireCpl should be able to find an auxiliary fresh water fill connection on the water panel. If FireCpl still has the build sheet for the unit that would provide some idea on the size of the grey tank (ours is listed at 104 gallons, but I suspect that it is more like 52 gallons since we don't have a back grey tank for the washer/dryer.)
                        John
                        2018 Momentum 395M
                        2018 Ram 3500 Dually
                        Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Working...
                        X