Low Water Pressure At the Kitchen Tap ONLY 2019 Solitude 310GK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Water Pressure At the Kitchen Tap ONLY 2019 Solitude 310GK

We have had low water pressure at the kitchen tap. I have attempted to get a service sheet from Lippert to disassemble the sprayer nozzle on the tap, to clean the screen, but have been unsuccessful so far. I was just reading the post about low water pressure on the Solitude 380 and the various check valves. Is there a check valve that would affect the kitchen tap only? I have checked the obvious things mentioned, like water regulator, flow from fresh tank, hose from the city water, valves at the main control panel, water filter etc.
    Thanks for any help.

Rich
    Rich & Shari Clark, Surrey, BC
    2019 310GK, Added Furion Observation Camera, Hitch Receiver to come.
    2016 GMC 3500 Duramax Denali

Originally posted by CLARKR4 View Post
    We have had low water pressure at the kitchen tap. I have attempted to get a service sheet from Lippert to disassemble the sprayer nozzle on the tap, to clean the screen, but have been unsuccessful so far. I was just reading the post about low water pressure on the Solitude 380 and the various check valves. Is there a check valve that would affect the kitchen tap only? I have checked the obvious things mentioned, like water regulator, flow from fresh tank, hose from the city water, valves at the main control panel, water filter etc.
    Thanks for any help.

Rich
    Rich,
    No, there's not a specific check valve associated with the kitchen sink plumbing. (None that I know of, anyway.)

What I'd try is to see if the water flow appears sufficient with just the head removed from the faucet (see pic labeled #1 in the linked PDF below).

Faucet Disassembly v2.pdf

If that's the case the issue is in the head itself and is most likely associated with the restrictor (see pic below).

Be careful to not apply to much force trying to get something to "bite" into the restrictor so you can remove it. If you shove the restrictor down into the head you might have an interesting time getting it back out.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Restrictor.jpg Views:	0 Size:	126.6 KB ID:	22825

Attached Files
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Howard
      Great pictures and instructions. I didn't know there was a restrictor in that spray head. Based on its name it probably does affect the flow rate, but is there any other purpose? Ours is painfully slow when you are filling a pot or a water bottle. The flow is not a dribble, but somewhere between a dribble and slower than normal flow. Maybe that is intentional, but it is a lot slower than the bathroom tap.
      Thanks for the info.
      Rich
      Rich & Shari Clark, Surrey, BC
      2019 310GK, Added Furion Observation Camera, Hitch Receiver to come.
      2016 GMC 3500 Duramax Denali

Comment

Originally posted by CLARKR4 View Post
        Based on its name it probably does affect the flow rate, but is there any other purpose?
        Only thing I can think of is to reduce the amount of water consumed. An important consideration for boondockers. For my wife and I the restriction was too much to deal with on a daily basis. (I took it out of the shower head, too.)

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Remember that flow and pressure are inversely related. If you open up the restriction to allow more volume of water, you will reduce the pressure of the spray.

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
            Remember that flow and pressure are inversely related. If you open up the restriction to allow more volume of water, you will reduce the pressure of the spray.

Rob
            I am still confused, Rob (no surprise, eh?).

When I did the water pressure project and documented it in the "Low Water Pressure - Quantifying & Troubleshooting" thread (not here) in January 2019 I measured, by volume, the amount of water that came out of the faucet in a minute. I know the volume increased to .8 gallons per minute and the perceived pressure of the water coming out of the faucet was greater, too. (You may remember having to school me about "coarse threads" and all kinds of other plumbing minutia I had no idea about.)

BL: I've had no complaints from my better half since removing that little white device.

Click image for larger version

Name:	D6bMJv9.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	23111

Comment

Water "pressure" is definitely a perceived thing. Everyone (and every water system) has their own best compromise combination. If you were to watch your new system pressure gauge with the restrictor in place, I would expect that you would see a higher pressure than what you have now with the restrictor removed. Think of the what you "perceive" is coming out the end of a garden hose without a nozzle, compared to what happens with a spray nozzle. One will fill the pail faster, but the other will reach the pail from much further away.

Rob
              Cate & Rob
              (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
              X