Hot water blast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot water blast

Anyone get a hot water blast in your shower after turning water on and off?

Originally posted by Dannynoonan View Post
    Good evening, Dannynoonan.

When asking for technical assistance, the forum needs to know the year and model of your GD unit. A lot of us put it in our signature block so 1) we don't forget and 2) we don't have to type if out each time. If you look in the FORUM USE channel there are specific instructions on how to edit your signature block.

Alternatively, please type the information into a follow-up to your question. Any other related information (mods, etc) will be helpful.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Dannynoonan View Post
      Danny Noonan , famous golfer from Caddyshack I think.

I usually get a cold water blast and I think it is just the way these are plumbed. If you are using the slide on the shower head to turn water on and off the water seems to push one way or the other, hot to cold or cold to hot. There is a check valve on the hot water heater to prevent water from flowing back into the heater , yours must work better than mine. I do not have a "guess" to what the issue might be , we just point the shower head towards the wall and wait a few seconds. This is a waste of water when boondocking but again I am not sure what a fix could be.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I found if you let the shower head trickle a bit I don't get a blast. For dry camping I have an accumulator or expansion tank tied into the system. I found by adjusting the air pressure I can pretty much eliminate the blast.
        2017 Imagine 2650 & 2019 F-250 (Got tired of the F-150)

Comment

In the water system one side (cold or hot) will have a slightly higher pressure. When using the button on the shower handle it allows the water in the higher pressure side (in your case the hot) to push through to the cold side through the shower control manifold. When you release it you get double hot for a sec.

The "fix" is to put a check valve on the supply line opposite the blast temp you get (on the cold side supply in your case) behind the shower control valves.
          Jim (& Sharon)
          2015 GD Momentum 385TH w/ Joy Rider shocks, Sailun 637s & 3" Garage extension, LifeBlue Lithium.
          2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
          The toys:
          2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE
          2018 Fiat Abarth Cabrio

Comment

Working...
          X