Replace Bathroom Faucet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replace Bathroom Faucet

I have a Reflection 295 RL 5th wheel. I am looking for recommendations to replace the cheap plastic bathroom faucet that squeaks at every use. I have taken apart and applied silicone spray but that has still not resolved the problem

Originally posted by Whales View Post
    I have a Reflection 295 RL 5th wheel. I am looking for recommendations to replace the cheap plastic bathroom faucet that squeaks at every use. I have taken apart and applied silicone spray but that has still not resolved the problem
    Any 4" centerset bathroom faucet will fit. Picture below is an example, not a recommendation.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4 in centerset.JPG
Views:	774
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	23256
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Silicone spray is not the appropriate lubricant for washerless faucets. There is a grease-style silicone plumbing lubricant made for that purpose and lasts pretty well. I still don't blame you for wanting to replace the plastic faucet, though.

Rob
      Rob & Laura
      U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
      2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
      2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
      (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
      Full time since 08/2015

Comment

I’m not sure it’s the brand they use or what, but mine also squeeked and drove me me crazy. After shopping around and not wanting to spend a fortune, I decided to try one I found on Amazon that matched pretty well. In believe it’s still plastic, but I replaced it over a year ago and there is no squeak whatsoever. The finish seems to have come off a bit though. Here’s a pic of the one I got (I think).
        Steve, Sue, and pups Sky & Sierra
        2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
        2017 F350 CC, LB, 4x4, 6.7 Blue Ox WD

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chance View Post

Silicone spray is not the appropriate lubricant for washerless faucets. There is a grease-style silicone plumbing lubricant made for that purpose and lasts pretty well. I still don't blame you for wanting to replace the plastic faucet, though.

Rob
          Rob - this may be what you are referencing as many of us have used this for years both at home and in RVs.

Dan
          Dan & Carol
          2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
          2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Originally posted by Canyonlight View Post

Rob - this may be what you are referencing as many of us have used this for years both at home and in RVs.

Dan
            Yes. The lube I have right now came in a little canister, but probably the same stuff.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Oatey-Silicone-Grease/50236505

Rob
            Rob & Laura
            U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
            2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
            2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
            (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
            Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Working...
            X