Water Filter in Pass Through Storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Filter in Pass Through Storage

For my 2600rb I have a nice 3 stage water filter. Micron, Carbon, and Heavy Metal/Iron. It also has an attached water regulator. So far I've been using it by setting it up under the trailer and locking it to the stabilizer jack. Sort of a pain in the rear.

Today I mounted it inside my pass through storage along the back wall. The water lines for the filter pass over the nautilus panel. The input goes out through the floor cover and sticks out a few inches under the trailer where I hook up my water hose. The output goes to a valve and attaches to the city water port. Way better and saves me a step when setting up and breaking down camp.

Click image for larger version  Name:	wf2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.9 KB ID:	23522

Click image for larger version  Name:	wf3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.9 KB ID:	23523
    ​​​​​​​
    ​​​​​​​
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    Andersen Hitch
    2021 Reflection 337rls

Originally posted by ckreef View Post
    Way better and saves me a step when setting up and breaking down camp.​​​​​​​
    I am all about saving steps during set up and tear down!

Can you show pictures of the mounted filter, too?

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

That first post was supposed to have a picture but something went wrong. Here it is. In the picture the hose loop looks kinked but it's not that's just the lighting in the picture.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wf1.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	23530
      Charles and Susan
      Andersen Hitch
      2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

That first post was supposed to have a picture but something went wrong. Here it is. In the picture the hose loop looks kinked but it's not that's just the lighting in the picture.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wf1.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	23530
        Very nice. If not done already, you might consider a water leak alarm mounted underneath that setup...just in case. Rob uses the Honeywell https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...8807#post18807

I've had good success with the Govee: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...3832#post13832
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

For my 2600rb I have a nice 3 stage water filter. Micron, Carbon, and Heavy Metal/Iron. It also has an attached water regulator. So far I've been using it by setting it up under the trailer and locking it to the stabilizer jack. Sort of a pain in the rear.

Today I mounted it inside my pass through storage along the back wall. The water lines for the filter pass over the nautilus panel. The input goes out through the floor cover and sticks out a few inches under the trailer where I hook up my water hose. The output goes to a valve and attaches to the city water port. Way better and saves me a step when setting up and breaking down camp.

Click image for larger version Name:	wf2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.9 KB ID:	23522

Click image for larger version Name:	wf3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.9 KB ID:	23523

​​​​​​​
          Nice! I did something similar, my advice would be to also use quick disconnect on the hoses. I’ve outfitted All my fresh water hoses with them, so it’s easy to grab whatever I need at the site and pop it right on.

Neil Citro
          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	wf2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.9 KB ID:	23522
            Thread jacking for a second. Did your camper come with the labels on the CATV outlets, or did you do that?

​​​​​​​I like the water filter. What brand is it?

Mike
            2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Originally posted by mpking View Post

Thread jacking for a second. Did your camper come with the labels on the CATV outlets, or did you do that?

I like the water filter. What brand is it?
              It was the Essentials Plus Iron setup from rvwaterfilterstore dot com.

It came with the CATV label.

​​​​​​​
              Charles and Susan
              Andersen Hitch
              2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

Just a question. How long does it take to fill your fresh tank with the filters in place?
                Thanks.
                2020 2600rb

Comment

Originally posted by cruzin View Post
                  Just a question. How long does it take to fill your fresh tank with the filters in place?
                  Thanks.
                  It would help if you use "Quote" when responding (like I just did) so the person being addressed gets a notification (like you just did). Another option is to "tag" the forum member by using "@" followed by their forum name, like this: cruzin

If I can jump in with my .02, the time will depend on the size of the tank, and the flow rate from the city water connection. If the question is rephrased to, "How much does the filter restrict water flow?", the answer (in my experience) is "not enough to remove the filter".

ckreef -- I believe cruzin's question was directed at you.

Howard

Comment

Originally posted by cruzin View Post
                    Thanks.

I've never timed it. I've had this filter from almost day one so it would be hard to compare to when I didn't have it. howson is correct there are many factors that would affect that. Along with tank size and city water pressure the initial sediment filter is going to clog over time reducing the flow/pressure over time (true with any filter).

If you look carefully at the picture there is a 55 psi regulator just before the water enters the filter(left side). If you have enough city water pressure so you get the full 55 psi going into the filter you would probably end up in the 40-45 psi range coming out of the filter (that's my guess after talking to the rvwaterfilterstore salesman).

​​​​​​
                    Charles and Susan
                    Andersen Hitch
                    2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

Working...
                    X