Spray Portal will not accept coiled hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spray Portal will not accept coiled hose

2020 Imagine 2670MK: (see photo of spray portal #2). I received one coiled hose with a compression fitting that is connected to water outlet #1 that’s located in the storage compartment which has hot and cold faucets. I cannot get the coiled hose with compression fitting to go into spray portal #2. Number 2 is activated by a spray nozzle as it does not have faucets. The two female compression fittings are identical but #2 will not accept the coiled hose male end. Anybody have this problem. Do I have to take #2 apart and install a new female fitting. Looks like it needs a special wrench to take it apart. Sorry this is so long. Rollin

That is a pretty common issue and is usually caused by pressure on the line. Try turning off the water supply (or pump). Then open up the kitchen faucet to relieve pressure in the line. Then try hooking up the hose.
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by rollin View Post
      2020 Imagine 2670MK: (see photo of spray portal #2). I received one coiled hose with a compression fitting that is connected to water outlet #1 that’s located in the storage compartment which has hot and cold faucets. I cannot get the coiled hose with compression fitting to go into spray portal #2. Number 2 is activated by a spray nozzle as it does not have faucets. The two female compression fittings are identical but #2 will not accept the coiled hose male end. Anybody have this problem. Do I have to take #2 apart and install a new female fitting. Looks like it needs a special wrench to take it apart. Sorry this is so long. Rollin
      I find it helps to have the nozzle open while connecting so water starts flowing through it as I connect it. It helps relieve some of the pressure.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

On my spray port #2 I push it straight in with a decent amount of force. It'll snap in every time. If I try and get my fingers in there to push back the collar I can never get a connection.
        Charles and Susan
        2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
        Andersen Hitch
        2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

Connecting and disconnecting the spray hose with the pump turned off and the pressure bled off makes this much easier. If this is still difficult, a shot of CRC Food grade silicone spray on the spray port will make this effortless.

Jim

Comment

The two female compression fittings are identical but #2 will not accept the coiled hose male end. Anybody have this problem. Do I have to take #2 apart and install a new female fitting. Looks like it needs a special wrench to take it apart. Sorry this is so long. Rollin
            I'll just add to the chorus. You *might* not have to bleed pressure from the system. Just push quite hard straight into the female fitting while rotating the locking collar until the connector settles into place and the locking pins hold it there.
            Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

same camper, same issue. If I don't want to shut the water off, I have to take a screwdriver or something the same diameter as the collar and give it a little tap and then I can connect.
              2020 Imagine MK2670
              2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 Gas 6.6L

Comment

Working...
              X