Gray Tank Valve Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gray Tank Valve Problem

Grand Design Reflection 315 RLTS. New 2020 and trying to fix things that dealers do not have time to . What brand And size are the Grey Dump valves for Kitchen. Completely frozen and broke trying to get loose on our first trip out . 800 miles from dealer we purchased from and no one to fix so I guess it is me . Thanks

Originally posted by Eckrr1 View Post
    Grand Design Reflection 315 RLTS. New 2020 and trying to fix things that dealers do not have time to . What brand And size are the Grey Dump valves for Kitchen. Completely frozen and broke trying to get loose on our first trip out . 800 miles from dealer we purchased from and no one to fix so I guess it is me . Thanks
    Eckrr1 Welcome to the forum. Sorry you’re having problems with your new 315. I have moved your post to the plumbing channel, and changed the title to make it easier for searches. I’m sure one of our plumbing experts will be along soon to give you some suggestions.

Andi
    Andi
    Brookings SD
    2018 Reflection 337RLS
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Duramax

Comment

Welcome to Grand Design's Technical Forum, Eckrr1.

The handles are likely Bristol if the valve is same as what is in my '19 315RLTS. Very hard to find them individually. I gave up and made my own. Here's a thread on that process: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...s-easy-to-make

One suggestion if you decide to hang out here on the forum--fill in your signature block. Directions are here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/gdrv4li...-to-your-posts

If you do an advanced search using my username ("howson") and check "Started Posts Only" you'll find more reading than you probably care to do in one sitting related to the 315RLTS. The DW and I love the layout, but it's been a lot of work to get it the way we want it. (Drop down the search box in the upper right corner of your screen and you'll find the Advanced Search option.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Advanced Search.JPG
Views:	508
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	23830
      Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I had the same issue with my kitchen gray valve it was stuck open. They are as Howson stated Bristol valves and the kitchen valve is 1.5 inches. I tried several things WD40 on the shaft and vice grips on the shaft to twist it back and forth. Both helped and I was able close it halfway. However after that it wouldn’t budge. The dealer ending replacing it after our first outing. Mine was stuck open so I had a work around with an add-on valve that hooks on the end of the dump pipe. The twisting with a vice grip on the shaft seem to to the most to free it up.

Good Luck hope this helps.
        Dave and Susan
        Imagine 2250RK
        2019 Ford Ranger

Comment

As you are so far from your dealer, give GD customer service a call and see if they will authorize a mobile repair person.
          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

We bought our 2019 Solitude 374th in September, out in Ohio. We live in Maryland. We have the same handle not working properly, only with our black tank (liquids slowly leak out). Also had a couple things we wanted checked out while under warranty that we noticed within the first couple weeks of owning (example: fridge never been very cold, awning bangs when retracting, kitchen slide issues). No local dealer will touch it because we didn't buy with them (per Grand Design because dealers are privately owned they have that right even if they sell Grand Design units! - WHAT!?!). Closest one that would take us (over an hour away) takes several months to get an appointment and have no night drop policy so would require us to bring for initial diag & return after parts are in (meaning we'd have to take off work each time). A deposit required for each item checked, but would be returned if the item is covered by warranty (aka big $$$ out of pocket up front).
            We even inquired about going out to the factory (using vaca time from work) for service, but again, several months for appointment. Did find a mobile guy but he's quite a distance away and with covid who is still working or even open!?!

NOW we have an issue with electronic leveling (would not auto level) then when doing manual it stopped & wouldn't do anything! After a after hours ER call to Lippert Co we believe there is a electrical problem between battery & solenoid!

VERY FRUSTRATED!!! We bought because we live in it full time and are mobile several months a year for work. Considering we bought a new $100k unit you would hope to NEVER have issues like this that you would expect to have if it was a used unit. As owners of new units we should NOT have to worry about all these issues or have to try to fix these things ourselves just to be able to use our unit. What choice do we have??? :(

Comment

Working...
            X