Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 285BHTS Plumbing Schematics Request

Hello all,

Does anyone have access to the plumbing schematics on a 2019 285BHTS? We are currently camping and troubleshooting a black tank valve issue. It seems to be stuck at least partially open allowing liquid to drain through. We purchased an additional gate valve to attach to the black/gray waste receptacle which is allowing us to completely fill up the black tank and hopefully dislodge whatever material may be in the way. We are not sure this will work to resolve the stuck valve so we would like the schematics to determine whether or not we want to attempt replacing the OEM valve ourselves after we return home.

Thank you,
    Stacy

Your black tank will be directly under the toilet , or very close to that. Looking at the floor plan it is hard to tell if the tanks , black and bathroom grey , are oriented front to back or side to side. If your outside sewer connection is close to the bath tub they may be side to side , if close to the front of the RV then they maybe front to back. If you are going to try to replace the valve you will need to drop the coroplast. I would start with the area right above the sewer exit pipe , this will show you where to go next. If you still have warranty you may want your dealer to fix this.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
      Your black tank will be directly under the toilet , or very close to that. Looking at the floor plan it is hard to tell if the tanks , black and bathroom grey , are oriented front to back or side to side. If your outside sewer connection is close to the bath tub they may be side to side , if close to the front of the RV then they maybe front to back. If you are going to try to replace the valve you will need to drop the coroplast. I would start with the area right above the sewer exit pipe , this will show you where to go next. If you still have warranty you may want your dealer to fix this.

Brian
      Thank you for the information. Our sewer exit pipe is located just about directly under the shower. Hopefully that means the orientation is side to side. I did reach out to Grand Design and hope to hear from them Monday. I'm not excited at the prospect of having to drop the coroplast.

Thanks again,
      Stacy

Comment

@R&S Stillions

Stacy - I took another look at the drawings for the 285BHTS

The drawing package is a little confusing, but there is a drawing specifically for the holding tanks that I believe takes priority. The last update I have is dated 9/21/17. All four tanks (Fresh, 2 gray) and black) are oriented side to side.

I'm going to give you the basic measurements to the leading edge of each tank. The front of the frame (not including the hitch) is the zero reference point. Starting at the zero point, the leading edge of each tank is as follows:

Fresh: 50-1/4"
        Front Grey: 86-1/2"
        Black: 134-!/2"
        Rear Grey: 313"

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
          @R&S Stillions

Stacy - I took another look at the drawings for the 285BHTS

The drawing package is a little confusing, but there is a drawing specifically for the holding tanks that I believe takes priority. The last update I have is dated 9/21/17. All four tanks (Fresh, 2 gray) and black) are oriented side to side.

I'm going to give you the basic measurements to the leading edge of each tank. The front of the frame (not including the hitch) is the zero reference point. Starting at the zero point, the leading edge of each tank is as follows:

Fresh: 50-1/4"
          Front Grey: 86-1/2"
          Black: 134-!/2"
          Rear Grey: 313"

Jim
          Thank you Jim, this is helpful information. I appreciate you taking the time to provide the data.

Stacy

Comment

Working...
          X