Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kitchen Plumbing isn't working at all - where do I star?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchen Plumbing isn't working at all - where do I star?

We are the proud new owners of a 2018 Grand Design Solitude 310GK. The fresh water tank and pump work but no water is flowing from the kitchen sink faucet. Both the bathroom sink and the shower work fine. Any suggestions where to start?
    Also there is a port on the door side, between the pass through and the entrance door. The port is below the electrical outlet. What is this feature?
    The other feature I'm stumped by is the (clear) weather covered on/off switch in the Nautalis water command centre just above the black and grey levers. What is this feature?
    Thanks for the help!
    With Gratitude,
    Newbies!

Originally posted by Raven View Post

1) The fresh water tank and pump work but no water is flowing from the kitchen sink faucet. Both the bathroom sink and the shower work fine. Any suggestions where to start?

2) There is a port on the door side, between the pass through and the entrance door. The port is below the electrical outlet. What is this feature?

3) The other feature I'm stumped by is the (clear) weather covered on/off switch in the Nautalis water command centre just above the black and grey levers. What is this feature?
    1) No hot or cold water in the kitchen? Most likely the faucet itself.

2 & 3) Can you post pictures?

Howard

P.S. Best to keep a thread to a single topic. Don't hesitate to post questions, but post them one at a time, OK? (Welcome to the forum!)
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

1) No hot or cold water in the kitchen? Most likely the faucet itself.

2 & 3) Can you post pictures?

Howard

P.S. Best to keep a thread to a single topic. Don't hesitate to post questions, but post them one at a time, OK? (Welcome to the forum!)
      Raven

I am going to take a shot at your questions base on what I have learned here - I could be wrong.

I am assuming you bought this unit used? Could it be the previous owner installed isolation valves to the kitchen sink/island? Is there a way to contact them - possibly through the dealer or was this a private sale?

As for the covered switch on the Nautilus panel it could be the aux water pump switch so you can turn it on/off from there. If the inside switch is on it should be illuminated. If you system is off and you need it on you can use that switch - Its like a 3 way light switch in your home.

The Port on the door side appears to be your aux hose port where you would plug in your blue curled hose with sprayer (its shown on the new models there anyway) https://granddesignrv.com/showroom/2...oorplans/310GK

Did you unit come with the owners manual and other paperwork. It should be in a black zippered case somewhere with the GD logo on it. Some of this information you looking for may be in there. If not I would give GD customer service a call tomorrow and see if they can help get you a copy for you trailer. Have your trailer vin handy as some information is unit specific. If you have it or when you get it, its import to read through everything, including the included paperwork on your appliances.

Howard is one of the experts here. Your in good hands. His suggestion on photos is excellent as a picture is very helpful

And welcome to the form. When you get a chance you can update your signature with your trailer/TV information. There is also a place to put your vin information in. Grand Design does monitor and participate here and if something comes up you and they have a place to find it.

Hope all this helps
      Keith
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

1) The fresh water tank and pump work but no water is flowing from the kitchen sink faucet. Both the bathroom sink and the shower work fine. Any suggestions where to start?

2) There is a port on the door side, between the pass through and the entrance door. The port is below the electrical outlet. What is this feature?

3) The other feature I'm stumped by is the (clear) weather covered on/off switch in the Nautalis water command centre just above the black and grey levers. What is this feature?
        1. I agree with Howard. It should be like a residential sink, so see if the screen in the faucet outlet is clogged.

2. Most likely this is your gravity fill. You use this to put fresh water in the tank when the camper is on site and setup. IE your bringing the water to the camper. Post a picture to confirm. (Include a big area of the camper so we can get our bearings. A close up of the port may not give enough detail/ context for us)

3. No clue. Pictures would help.
        Mike
        2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Welcome to the technical forum. I'm betting that on question number three, the switch will turn on the V-lights on the cap And if not that, it will likely turn on a small LED on the underside of the bedroom slide out.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Also there is a port on the door side, between the pass through and the entrance door. The port is below the electrical outlet. What is this feature?
            The port accepts the short coiled hose with a garden sprayer on it that should be included with your trailer. It's designed to connect to the hot/cold faucet inside the Nautilus bay, and to the port on the other side that you're asking about.

The faucet in the Nautilus bay is for a hot/cold outside shower or wash-down spray. The connector on the short coiled hose pushes straight into its female counterpart on the faucet fixture and then gets twisted slightly to lock it in. It can sometimes take a fair bit of strength to push it in. That hose connects the same way to the port on the other side you've asked about but there are no controls for it there; it serves only cold water at full pressure from your plumbing system.

(P.S. if you use the faucet in the Nautilus bay, be careful to fully close both hot and cold taps after use. Otherwise that faucet can act like a mixer mixing hot and cold water together, with the result that you won't get really hot water at other fixtures inside the trailer.)

The other feature I'm stumped by is the (clear) weather covered on/off switch in the Nautalis water command centre just above the black and grey levers. What is this feature?
            The switch controls blue LED night lights on the bottom of the bedroom slide, to help ensure that nobody walks into it in the dark. Questions about that switch are VERY common; I believe that Grand Design has now started labeling the switch.

No worries about newbie questions. We like newbies - they make us feel smarter than we actually are. Soon you'll be giving advice yourself. Welcome.
            Last edited by boyscout; 07-26-2020, 08:33 PM.
            Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

Working...
            X