Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sewage Vent

Good Morning,

We are really enjoying our Imagine!!!! Curious if there may be something wrong with the sewage vent. I flushed the black tank until crystal clear water was flowing.... I almost understood the odorous delight with the tank somewhat filled. Even with the tank flushed and empty, still getting punched in the face with the sewage scents.

Any ideas for things I can check. Yes we used a black water treatment with odor reducer, didn't seem to help.

Thanks a bunch,

JB

Originally posted by JBrady1 View Post
    Good Morning,

We are really enjoying our Imagine!!!! Curious if there may be something wrong with the sewage vent. I flushed the black tank until crystal clear water was flowing.... I almost understood the odorous delight with the tank somewhat filled. Even with the tank flushed and empty, still getting punched in the face with the sewage scents.

Any ideas for things I can check. Yes we used a black water treatment with odor reducer, didn't seem to help.

Thanks a bunch,

JB
    It’s possibly the vent could be installed wrong in the tank or clogged. I would go on the roof to the vent and take the cover off and see if you see anything. See if you smell tank order near the vent. Failing that, is your toilet bowl holding water? There’s a seal that should let it hold some water after you flush. If that seal is bad and water drains it you could get odor.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Make sure the air admittance valves under both sinks are screwed into their pipes securely - the gray water can smell as bad as the black and these are a common cause of smells in the bathroom and kitchen. Also make sure you don't leave the bathroom ceiling vent open when not in use. The black tank vent on the roof is fairly close and any kind of a breeze can send those lovely aromas right back inside the rig.

Rob
      Rob & Laura
      U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
      2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
      2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
      (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
      Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

I have the drawing set for all Imagine Models. Let me take a look at the plumbing drawings for you.

Please provide:

Imagine Model Number
        Year of Manufacture
        Vehicle Identification Number

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Please provide drawing for;

Solitude 382WB
          573FS4326LAA00460

Thank you,
          Solitude 382WB

Comment

Originally posted by sjb View Post
            Please provide drawing for;

Solitude 382WB
            573FS4326LAA00460

Thank you,
            You'll have to contact Grand Design Customer Service--the moderators are not authorized to provide drawings. Too many variables based on VIN that only GD employees have access to in their database.

Thanks for your understanding!
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
            X