Spray Port Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spray Port Leak

2019 Transcend 28MKS. Spray port has been leaking from the day we started using this new trailer just 2 months ago. It leaks whether the hose is attached or not. We don't like this setup and don't even use it. I would just like to cut the supply line to it and cap it off to be done with the leaking. I just don't know how to go about this and what tools I need. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
    2021 GD Imagine 2500RL
    2017 Chev Silverado 1500 LTZ 6.2 Max Tow Package
    Blue Ox SwayPro WDH

Originally posted by MikeM View Post
    2019 Transcend 28MKS. Spray port has been leaking from the day we started using this new trailer just 2 months ago. It leaks whether the hose is attached or not. We don't like this setup and don't even use it. I would just like to cut the supply line to it and cap it off to be done with the leaking. I just don't know how to go about this and what tools I need. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
    Mike,
    Can you post a picture of the spray port and specifically where it is leaking? Many parts are common across the GD product line, so with a visual someone here may have the answer.

Howard

P.S. If unfamiliar with posting pics, see https://gdrvowners.com/forum/gdrv4li...-i-post-photos
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Pictures showing the leak outside and the connection inside.
      Attached Files
      2021 GD Imagine 2500RL
      Blue Ox SwayPro WDH

Comment

Is there any evidence of a water inside the camper or is it all outside?

If the port itself has failed (internal seal), it should be relatively easy to unscrew the assembly and cap off the water line. Hopefully there is some slack to allow a hand to get behind the assembly once unscrewed from the camper. Then reinstall the port to fill the hole. If there is (or was) butyl tape on the port's flange make sure and reapply, or consider sealing with silicone to ensure water does not penetrate around the port and into the camper wall.

Most likely the screws are square, or "Robertson", head screws. (If you don't have one yet, get a dedicated Robertson screwdriver for your camper tool kit--you need one!)

Replacing the port should be just as easy.

If the camper is still under warranty and you don't want to do this work yourself, GD may authorize a mobile repair person to come to you. You'll have to pay the "service fee" associated with the mechanic's travel (not the labor of fixing the port) but given the cost of time and gas to get to a dealer, it may be worth it. GD's Customer Service # is prominently highlighted on the home page of this forum.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

The grey plastic part in your second picture is hand tightened to the white plastic spray port. This will be a 1/2" pipe thread fitting and as such, the grey plastic part can be unscrewed and the leaking white plastic part replaced (temporarily or permanently) with a plug with the same thread. Look for a brass one with an open center at Home Depot or similar . . . like the one in the attached picture.

Rob
          Attached Files
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

The grey plastic part in your second picture is hand tightened to the white plastic spray port. This will be a 1/2" pipe thread fitting and as such, the grey plastic part can be unscrewed and the leaking white plastic part replaced (temporarily or permanently) with a plug with the same thread. Look for a brass one with an open center at Home Depot or similar . . . like the one in the attached picture.

Rob
            Be sure the cone-shaped O-ring is still in the winged fitting.
            2017 Imagine 2650 & 2019 F-250 (Got tired of the F-150)

Comment

Originally posted by mbopp View Post

Be sure the cone-shaped O-ring is still in the winged fitting.
              A good reminder . . . I forgot that part .

Rob
              Cate & Rob
              (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

What a great resource this forum has been! Thank you all for the knowledgeable input. With it, I am now confident that I can plug the water line for now and install a new spray port kit in the future, if Grand Design will agree to ship it to me. I have made the request to their customer service department but have not yet received a response. I have seen where some on this forum have mentioned a go to person at Grand Design who helps with customer satisfaction. I would mention her if I had the name. Thank you all again. An awesome group of people, you are.
                2021 GD Imagine 2500RL
                Blue Ox SwayPro WDH

Comment

What a great resource this forum has been! Thank you all for the knowledgeable input. With it, I am now confident that I can plug the water line for now and install a new spray port kit in the future, if Grand Design will agree to ship it to me. I have made the request to their customer service department but have not yet received a response. I have seen where some on this forum have mentioned a go to person at Grand Design who helps with customer satisfaction. I would mention her if I had the name. Thank you all again. An awesome group of people, you are.
                  Mike - If customer service does not come through for you, please send me a PM and I'll see if I can intervene. But I'm guessing that they will take care of you. Just understand with the current virus situation, there are a ton of brand new owners purchasing units and customer service is getting a backed up.

Jim
                  Jim and Ginnie
                  2024 Solitude 310GK
                  GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                  GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thanks Jim. Actually my dealer is ordering the parts to ship to me. They have been very accommodating through this situation. I'll let you know the outcome.
                    2021 GD Imagine 2500RL
                    Blue Ox SwayPro WDH

Comment

Working...
                    X