Tank Capacity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank Capacity

Where can I find the capacity of the grey water tank, black water tank, fresh water tank etc... I just bought this 2018 about a week ago and the dealer had it listed with a bunch of specs. where can i find all of the specs? fridge size?, A/C size etc...... i have the original owners manual, it is generic. do I need to call the dealer I bought it from?

John Cummings
    Hi John,
    Welcome to our owner's technical forum!

You can certainly contact Grand Design Customer Service at 574-825-9676 with your VIN and they can tell you the volume of the tanks that your trailer was built with and any other OE specs that you are interested in.

There is a lot of variation between the "theoretical" tank size and the "actual". This can have to do with how the vent pipe is installed, how the tank is supported, etc. It is fairly easy to measure the actual capacity of your tanks. Pour in a measured amount of water (either by known pail size or with a water hose meter) until the water backs up the drain (in the case of grey or black tanks) or water comes out the blue over flow pipe (in the case of the fresh water tank). Then, you will know for sure.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Hi John, Welcome to the forum.

If you provide your RV's model number, I have the drawings and can look up the tank size for you.
      If you provide the make and model number for your refrigerator, I'll be able to find the size. There should be a label inside the refrigerator with the model number on it.
      And finally, if you'll provide a picture of your thermostat and the intake section of your RV's AC, we can get you that one too.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
      X