Where do you store your fittings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you store your fittings

Still waiting on the camper. (Grumble, title, grumble).

Still have newbie questions.

How do you guys store the fittings and the hose?

I bought the Rhino Flex kit (two 10 foot hoses that join together to make 20, plus a clear elbow that goes into the sewer hole in the ground)

I know the bumper is hollow, and people put hoses in there. But what do you guys do with the elbow? Do you have a special tote for it?
    Mike
    2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Originally posted by mpking View Post

Still have newbie questions.

How do you guys store the fittings and the hose?

I bought the Rhino Flex kit (two 10 foot hoses that join together to make 20, plus a clear elbow that goes into the sewer hole in the ground)

I know the bumper is hollow, and people put hoses in there. But what do you guys do with the elbow? Do you have a special tote for it?
    I bought six (yes, 6) of these Stanley rolling tool boxes. Two are in the passthru (tools and the wife's propane cooking items), the other four go in the truck bed for plumbing items (hoses, filters, etc), sewer items (minus the hoses that go in a storage tube under the trailer), "hard" items like my x chocks and various other metaliic items, and finally one for a propane firepit and sundry fun items.

I put white duct tape on the handle of the "Plumbing" box, black duct tape on the sewer box, aluminum heat duct tape on the "metallic" box handle, and the firepit box doesn't have anything. Makes it easy to identify what's where. (Tools and the cooking boxes have actual labels on the sides, but since they have a specific spot in the passthru I know where they are.)

The Stanley boxes are the perfect size for my setup as they roll on top of my LoadAll ramp in the truck bed but fit under the tonneau cover.

Crazy all the extra "stuff" that comes with me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Stanley.JPG
Views:	322
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	26407
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I went to HD and got several tubs (clear ) and labeled the lid as to what was inside. Now I know the Rhino set up you have (I have something similar) wont fir in the plastic tube GD provides. I ordered this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1 in 4" to replace it. I also have a 6" one to hold my ladder (posted somewhere here). Take the parts with you when you go get the pipe.
      Also for the water hose and power cord I got some of those Velcro straps and hang them on hooks in the basement. I got one of those tracks from HD that hold the hooks and put it high on the wall.

Be sure you keep clean fittings from dirty ones. Figure out if the fittings need to come off the hose to fit in the carrier and get a small tub, just for those. I also carry a small tub of water repair fittings and the tools (crimper, pipe cutter, channel locks etc), Then in a separate small tub I carry electrical stuff (crimper, connections, wire, tape.etc) That way I can do quick fix if needed

Do a search on basement, basement storage, etc, A lot of information. I suggest however to get your unit and take measurements of the basement and plan out your tubs (double check the height too)
      Have fun and hope this helps

Keith
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

I leave my elbow attached to the hose and it stores in the plastic tube under the trailer.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I have a couple of Rubbermaid tubs for the electric 50-amp and the sewer parts. The water hoses (I carry four, three fresh and one black-flush) go into 3-gallon buckets. If you roll them with 11 coils, they fit perfectly. One bucket gets the primary water hose, along with hand wipes and an alcohol spray bottle. The second bucket gets the two spare/extension water hoses, and the third gets the black-flush hose. All of the buckets and the electric bin go in the pass-through. The main sewer hose, with the 90 and 45 degree elbows go into the storage tube, under the trailer. The other sewer connections, which don’t see much use, go into the front compartment, along with a bin of tools and a bin of spare parts.
          Tom and Janice (also known as Richter on the “Other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
          Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
          2019 F350 Lariat 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
          Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
          Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Comment

Originally posted by mpking View Post

Name:	IMG_20200806_084552.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	26436

Name:	IMG_20200806_084605.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	26437

Name:	IMG_20200806_084632.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	26438

2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes
            Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles, V-Brackets in spring hangers
            2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
            18k B&W Companion, non-slider
            640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
            Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
            Somerset, WI

Comment

Bumper is good. You may want to drill a small hole through the bumper and caps for a hitch pin or some other type of retaining device. I found that over time and use the rubber caps started getting loose. I keep an old red feed bucket for connections. I have extras from replaced hoses. Then I keep a jug of hand sanitizer next to it.
              2017 Momentum 376, 2019 Ford F450
              2022 Triumph Scrambler Motorcycle
              E-bikes, Hobi Pedal Kayaks
              Kota the dog and KC the Kitty Cat

Comment

Working...
              X