Grey tank 1 and 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grey tank 1 and 2

I have a 295RL 5th wheel. There are 2 grey water tanks. One for the kitchen and one for the bath. Which tank is #1 and which is #2?

Thanks!
    Bob
    Bob and Pam
    295RL Refection 5th Wheel - 2021
    Ford F250 6.2L Supercrew - 2019

Originally posted by brt6073 View Post
    I have a 295RL 5th wheel. There are 2 grey water tanks. One for the kitchen and one for the bath. Which tank is #1 and which is #2?

Thanks!
    Bob
    Hi Bob. Welcome to the forum.

I'm looking at a drawing set for the 295RL and unfortunately they don't differentiate which is which on the drawing.

I can tell you that There is one gray tank beside the black tank. That tank catches the shower and bathroom sink. The other gray tank is farther back on the unit, and captures the kitchen sink.

It shouldn't be too difficult to determine which is which on your panel. Starting with the tanks empty, put about 15-20 gallons of water in the kitchen sink and check the panel lights for a change in status.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

On both of our GD fifth wheels, the gray tank labeled #1 has been the bathroom (and W/D hookups if you have them) and #2 has been the kitchen. Doesn't mean that's a rule, though.

Rob
      Rob & Laura
      U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
      2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
      2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
      (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
      Full time since 08/2015

Comment

There is lots of opportunity during build to get wires and/or cables mixed up. Best to put water in one tank and see which tank gauge responds and which gate valve lets the water out.
        (BTW . . . the indicator lights are notorious for not being correct)

(another Rob)
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

While I was figuring this out on our unit I labeled the Nautilus panel grey tank handles "K" for kitchen "B" for bath. I do not look at the indicator lights , as Rob has noted above.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks very much for the fast responses and for your help on this.
            Much appreciated!

Bob
            Bob and Pam
            295RL Refection 5th Wheel - 2021
            Ford F250 6.2L Supercrew - 2019

Comment

Our Reflection came with two black handles and one grey handle. The dealer employee doing the PDI walkthrough went to great lengths to explain how we had two black tanks (despite having only one toilet) . . . it was rather entertaining to listen to .

Rob
              Cate & Rob
              (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Hello! My wife and I are new owners of a 2019 311BHS, and we are about to empty the tanks for the first time. Our Nautilus system shows 3 tanks: 2 black valves and 1 gray, though our Convenience Center lights up with 4, all in varying stages of fullness: Black 1, Aux (Black 2 or Gray 3), Gray 1, Gray 2. We are confused! Does anyone have a link to the drawing/schematics that would determine what toilets, sinks, etc route to which tanks? Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Daddington View Post
                  Hello! My wife and I are new owners of a 2019 311BHS, and we are about to empty the tanks for the first time. Our Nautilus system shows 3 tanks: 2 black valves and 1 gray, though our Convenience Center lights up with 4, all in varying stages of fullness: Black 1, Aux (Black 2 or Gray 3), Gray 1, Gray 2. We are confused! Does anyone have a link to the drawing/schematics that would determine what toilets, sinks, etc route to which tanks? Thanks!!
                  The Nautilus Panel has the handles for the main bathroom gray, main bathroom black, and kitchen gray. At the back of the camper (street side) there's an additional dump (and black flush connection) with yet another dump handle for the additional bathroom in the rear of the camper.

There's a video here that might help (about the 7 min mark is where they talk about the extra tank)
                  Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Beautiful, thank you Howard!

Comment

Working...
                    X