Gray Valve Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gray Valve Size

Need to replace the Gray 1 Dump Valve on 2019 Momentum 397th I found 2 sizes 1 1/2" and 3"
    Thanks

Welcome to the forum. Dump valves are 3 inches.
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Thank you!!

Comment

Looking at some of my factory pics the grey tank valves for the kitchen are 1-1/2" valves. I do not have any Momentum pics to go by. I would suggest if you can to get a peak at the valve before ordering the one you need. Or if you buy one of each size you would have a spare of one size. Another note would be I think GD does not use Valterra valves and I am not sure if all valves are interchangeable.
        The valves are also not glued to the tank. There is a large hose clamp and butyl putty around the connection for sealant.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

ThePowells &
          mdelaven

Black tank dump valves are 3". Gray tanks use the smaller 1.5" valves. (I double-checked the 397th drawings to make sure it was the same as it is in my 315RLTS.)

The valve can be either Valterra or Bristol--unless you're lucky they will not be interchangeable (I know from first hand experience).

Howard

Edit: Brian beat me to it!
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

mdelaven -- if your trailer has Bristol valves and they are glued on (like mine were) my experience documented in the thread below may be helpful. Any questions...fire away.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...valves-315rlts
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

mdelaven

You can determine the size of the gate valve by how far the pull handle moves. 3” or 1 1/2” ? Our shower grey is a 3” valve and our galley grey is a 1 1/2” valve.

Rob
              Cate & Rob
              (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I stand corrected. I guess I need to leave the technical parts posts alone since their is such a wide variety of applications across the lines. Both of my grays are 3".
                Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                Nash County, NC
                2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowells View Post
                  I stand corrected. I guess I need to leave the technical parts posts alone since their is such a wide variety of applications across the lines. Both of my grays are 3".
                  It is entirely possible that the grey valves and black valves are different sizes among the different lines , Momentum , Solitude may have all 3" valves while others may have both. Just trying to add input that "check the size first" may be the best option.

GDRV-Megan

Could you please confirm the size of the dump valves throughout the different lines? Both grey and black.

Brian
                  Brian & Michelle
                  2018 Reflection 29RS
                  2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowells View Post
                    Sometimes posts that seem "wrong" lead to very interesting discussions or discoveries--don't hesitate to keep posting, Jerry!

In this case the drawings the moderators have access to for the 390RK date back to 2017. The drawing shows 1.5" valves for the gray tanks and 3" for the black. Very interesting that you have 3" for all of the valves.

I don't know this, but when yours was manufactured they may have run out of a component needed for the 1.5" setup or a number of other reasons that drove them to make the entire system 3".

Bet it's fast dumping the gray tanks with 3" valves!

Howard

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

It is entirely possible that the grey valves and black valves are different sizes among the different lines , Momentum , Solitude may have all 3" valves while others may have both. Just trying to add input that "check the size first" may be the best option.

GDRV-Megan

Could you please confirm the size of the dump valves throughout the different lines? Both grey and black.

Brian
                      Sorry, I don't have that info.. I would recommend reaching out to our parts dept with VINs to verify. Not every unit is going to have the same parts, especially with different suppliers running out of products so often.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Sometimes posts that seem "wrong" lead to very interesting discussions or discoveries--don't hesitate to keep posting, Jerry!

In this case the drawings the moderators have access to for the 390RK date back to 2017. The drawing shows 1.5" valves for the gray tanks and 3" for the black. Very interesting that you have 3" for all of the valves.

I don't know this, but when yours was manufactured they may have run out of a component needed for the 1.5" setup or a number of other reasons that drove them to make the entire system 3".

Bet it's fast dumping the gray tanks with 3" valves!

Howard
                        The mothership just sent me a replacement valve for the #1 gray tank and it was a 3". I haven't seen one for the #2 gray, but I know that the stroke is about 3", and the fresh dump is 1 1/2.
                        Nash County, NC
                        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
                        X