Black Tank Flush not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Tank Flush not working

I have a 2019 31MB fifth wheel, on our most recent campout the black tank sprayer stopped spraying, it worked 2 weeks ago. When I hook up the water hose to the inlet and turn it on I can hear water entering the black tank and it flows out the discharge pipe but I cannot hear the sprayers working like I always have. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue.

Originally posted by mcarrow@yahoo.com View Post
    I have a 2019 31MB fifth wheel, on our most recent campout the black tank sprayer stopped spraying, it worked 2 weeks ago. When I hook up the water hose to the inlet and turn it on I can hear water entering the black tank and it flows out the discharge pipe but I cannot hear the sprayers working like I always have. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue.
    Welcome to GD's Owners' (Technical) Forum. I see this is your first post, so when you get a chance, check out the welcome letter here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

For the sprayer issue, my guess is the sprayer head is clogged with debris. You might try the "Geo method" (google that term and you'll find a lot of websites) to try and agitate the debris loose. Best to do before departing on a travel day.

The black tank flush system is very simple, so not sure what else it could be.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cover.jpg
Views:	4277
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	29723
    Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Another possibility could be a dirty screen at the Nautilus panel where the hose attaches for the black flush.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Could it be the check valve is stuck?

Comment

It is possible. You should find the valve behind the water controls in the shower. A couple screws to remove and behind there in the wall cavity you will find the valve.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

As Brian stated, it should be behind the shower controls and will look like the pic below:

Name:	Behind Shower.JPG
Views:	850
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	29740
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Is the sprayer accessible to be removed and cleaned?

Comment

While you’re in the process of finding the correct solution, you can run a garden hose through the closest entry door to the toilet and flush it out that way. Good Luck!
                Dave and Sue
                2020 GD 2250RK
                2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
                Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
                GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
                SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

The tank spray nozzle will be installed to the end of the tank. To remove or maintain you would have to drop the coroplast , black plastic under belly , to access this. I am not sure if it is removable or not.

Brian
                  Brian & Michelle
                  2018 Reflection 29RS
                  2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

One way of installing the sprayer is through a process called "spin welding". Enter that search term in YouTube and you can see several examples. If yours is installed via that process it will not be easy to remove and replace.

The picture below is the sprayer on the black tank in my 315RLTS. I think mine is the "ABS Tank Spray Head" as shown in the Nautilus parts manual.

https://682831.app.netsuite.com/core...31%3B945151000

Bottom line: I would not attempt removing to clean. Replace? Maybe...but it won't be a fun job. At least on my trailer it is tight working in that space.

Name:	sprayer.JPG
Views:	810
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	29754

Name:	unscrew.JPG
Views:	865
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	29755

Name:	Spray head manual.JPG
Views:	839
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	29756

Comment

Do you have enough water pressure? I'm on a well (and I have my own dump to my septic tank). I just recently realized that the black tank sprayer must be on some type of gear-drive that rotates it as I can hear it spray-rotate-spray-rotate....
                      I hadn't been using a good water supply prior and never heard it until recently. 303RLS 5th wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by jostby View Post
                        Do you have enough water pressure? I'm on a well (and I have my own dump to my septic tank). I just recently realized that the black tank sprayer must be on some type of gear-drive that rotates it as I can hear it spray-rotate-spray-rotate....
                        I hadn't been using a good water supply prior and never heard it until recently. 303RLS 5th wheel.
                        The factory black tank flush is definitely not a rotating sprayer (like some of the wands that are inserted down through the toilet.) See the other current thread on black tank flush for a picture of the flush nozzle.

Rob
                        Cate & Rob
                        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                        2015 Reflection 303RLS
                        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...l-pun-intended Post #8 photo 4 and 5. It appears to be a screw in fitting.

On edit - I believe the picture is just the connection to the spun in spray head.
                          Last edited by Yoda; 09-15-2020, 09:16 PM.
                          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

The factory black tank flush is definitely not a rotating sprayer (like some of the wands that are inserted down through the toilet.) See the other current thread on black tank flush for a picture of the flush nozzle.

Rob
                            Rob - our black tank flush sprayer also seems to make a rotating sound as jostby shared in post #11. Hmm ? Those of us who know you certainly have learned that you know what you share. Any ideas as to what makes this rotating sound ? I may try to record it on a quiet day and share the video if it works.

Dan
                            Dan & Carol
                            2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
                            2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Just to throw gasoline on to the fire....

http://www.rv-project.com/gear/rinse.php

The GD part does not appear to be either of these.

https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/10532

But does appear to be of a fixed spray pattern design. (This is from my imagine 2017 parts list off the parts lookup:
                              https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/10532

That being said. I used mine for the first time this weekend, and I would have sworn it was spinning too.
                              Mike
                              2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Working...
                              X