Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filling fresh water tank with Nautilus, Does it filter the water?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filling fresh water tank with Nautilus, Does it filter the water?

Getting ready to sanitize the water system on our Solitude. Does the Nautilus system filter the water going into the fresh tank; or only filter it as it is pumped out of the fresh tank into the water lines etc.?
    Doug & Barb
    2020 Solitude 377MBS-R
    2013 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew SB, 2WD, 3.5 EB, Stock Suspension & Michelin Tires
    No, we don’t pull the Solitude, it’s permanently parked on our campsite in SW Fla.
    Previous: Keystone Premier 31BHPR w/Equalizer 1200 WD Hitch

@SolitudeAtLast

As far as I know there is no true filter in the system - unless GD is now installing them (As I found out they are on your unit). I use one of those that goes inline. https://www.amazon.com/Camco-TastePU...06031700&psc=1

At the pump is a derbies screen that I check yearly. I still find tank shavings etc in it.

On edit I see it has a Whole House Water Filtration System. so it depends on how it is plumbed in. Learned something new. Can you post a picture of it - might help
    Last edited by Yoda; 09-15-2020, 10:39 PM.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by SolitudeAtLast View Post
      Getting ready to sanitize the water system on our Solitude. Does the Nautilus system filter the water going into the fresh tank; or only filter it as it is pumped out of the fresh tank into the water lines etc.?
      Changing Lanes (YouTubers) have a video on this subject.

Note in the description there's an update at their blog: https://changinglanesrv.com/rv-water...-sanitization/
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks for the video. Have to watch it later. Packing for drive down to campground.
        Doug & Barb
        2020 Solitude 377MBS-R
        No, we don’t pull the Solitude, it’s permanently parked on our campsite in SW Fla.

Comment

Can’t post photo, not at campground until Sat. Filter is mounted on left sidewall of water management compartment.
          Doug & Barb
          2020 Solitude 377MBS-R

Comment

On our Momentum the hose from the fresh water connection goes directly to the water filter and then back to valving behind the Nautilus panel so I remove the filter cartridge before sanitizing. Removing the filter cartridge and reinstalling the empty housing is fairly easy, just some tight quarters to deal with. Make sure that you have a clean container available for the cartridge, or a replacement cartridge ready to install when finished with the the sanitizing.
            John
            2018 Momentum 395M
            2018 Ram 3500 Dually
            Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by JBill9694 View Post
              On our Momentum the hose from the fresh water connection goes directly to the water filter and then back to valving behind the Nautilus panel so I remove the filter cartridge before sanitizing. Removing the filter cartridge and reinstalling the empty housing is fairly easy, just some tight quarters to deal with. Make sure that you have a clean container available for the cartridge, or a replacement cartridge ready to install when finished with the the sanitizing.
              Our Momentum is the same way. A few years ago, this was NOT the case and there complaints about it. Now everything goes through the filter and then on to everything else.
              Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
              2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
              2020 Momentum 351M
              2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

Thanks for Momentum filter info. I do know the fresh water connection on ours is on the face of the Nautilus panel; and two hoses come out to the filter (filter In & Out).
                Doug & Barb
                2020 Solitude 377MBS-R

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	EE3D44A0-2C37-4FF8-9B96-CD785914BD6D.jpeg
Views:	471
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	31187Click image for larger version

Name:	5DD6F8B8-AF34-481B-BAEC-233E2BDFC21B.jpeg
Views:	427
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	31188 Photos attached, I think.
                  Last edited by SolitudeAtLast; 10-03-2020, 08:07 PM. Reason: Finally got photos to upload
                  Doug & Barb
                  2020 Solitude 377MBS-R

Comment

Working...
                  X