Newbie? - Storing and outfitting tank hoses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie? - Storing and outfitting tank hoses

Hi... I have RV'd in a motorhome that had a convenient storage by the tank valves. But this TT 2019 Imagine 2600RB is a new game. I have not even seen or been in the unit, but we will buy it and pick it up in 4 weeks from a dealer and it is not outfitted. So I need everything. Can anyone recommend how to store the Rhino flex tank pipes when traveling. I have seen some just use a generic plastic bin, plus the gloves handy. Then separately store the drinking water hose.

Any advice on how to efficiently store all the hoses and hook ups for ease when we arrive and pickup would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Steve & Michelle
    2019 Grand Design Imagine 2600 RB
    2018 Toyota Land Cruiser 5.8L, Curt WD

I have a 2600rb. A box of gloves and hand sanitizer right there at the water connection. Sewer hoses/fittings in LG plastic bin. I have a LG rectangular milk crate for my power cables. I first coil a 30' extension in the bottom, then coil my 25' main power cable on top of that, dog bones/adapters go in the middle of the coils, and lastly on top I put my surge protector. I reach in get my surge protector, grab the end of the main power cable and walk to the power pole. The cable comes out of the crate as I walk without removing the crate from the trailer. Blue fresh water hose (zero-g hose) coiled in a blue bucket. Green flex hose for black tank flush in an orange bucket. All that is located in the street side of the pass through storage next to the water connection. Still leaves me plenty of room in the curb side of the pass through storage for all my other "junk".
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    Andersen Hitch
    2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

I store out black tank hose in a plastic tub along with my various fixtures and stinky slinky. Two or three times a year I pour a cup of bleach in and fill, with water and let it set for an hour, then empty the storage container. Keeps everyting fresh. I use a separate container for my fresh water hose and electric cords
      John & Cindy
      2019 303 RLS
      2018 F250

Comment

Valterra makes an under mount tube for sewer hose storage that works great, I have two for the amount of sewer hose I carry. There’s also a mod a lot of people do with a 5” vinyl fence post to carry it along with a piece of gutter for a hose support.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.​

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	81A29139-A900-4FBF-A85D-4961D6DB6DEC.jpeg
Views:	921
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	30606Click image for larger version

Name:	5F7998DD-5B44-4C15-9100-44951C380B6E.jpeg
Views:	1023
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	30607
          Originally posted by Chipmaker View Post
          Hi... I have RV'd in a motorhome that had a convenient storage by the tank valves. But this TT 2019 Imagine 2600RB is a new game. I have not even seen or been in the unit, but we will buy it and pick it up in 4 weeks from a dealer and it is not outfitted. So I need everything. Can anyone recommend how to store the Rhino flex tank pipes when traveling. I have seen some just use a generic plastic bin, plus the gloves handy. Then separately store the drinking water hose.

Any advice on how to efficiently store all the hoses and hook ups for ease when we arrive and pickup would be appreciated.

Thanks
          I did the 5” PVC fence post gig and it’s simple, inexpensive, and works/looks great. LMK if you need a pic and a brief explanation.
          Last edited by Schiefswret; 09-24-2020, 08:41 AM.
          Dave and Sue
          2020 GD 2250RK
          2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
          Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
          GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
          SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

I opted for the plastic tub method and went with clear plastic tubs with snap on lids for sewer, water, and power accessories - makes it easy to see what's inside without opening them.
            Found ones that fit into the narrow area of our pass through garage by the control station and so far seems to be working well for us and as they were offered with different color lids went with a black lid for sewer, blue for water and white for power. (yes, I was overthinking things while figuring out a system for us!)
            In the little tray area by the control station I keep a little tub with a couple of the hand sanitizer spray bottles, paper towels, and disposable gloves.
            Everyone seems to have a slightly different way of storing these items, main thing is to keep the sewer components separate, and, no matter how you store things, sanitizing your hands after handling the sewer components - even if you use gloves.
            Chris
            2019 Solitude 3740BH
            2019 Chevy 3500HD Duramax SRW

Comment

Check with your selling dealer. My unit came with the hose storage tube (no hose). In looking online it appear your unit has a square tube at the rear below the spare tire. I believe that tube can be used for hose storage. End caps appear to be removable.

Hope this helps
              2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

2017 Imagine 2800BH. I have the square tubes that Yoda mentioned. I can't use them, as the Sewer hose was just a hair too big for the Rhino Sewer hose.

I bought a tote, and I'm storing it in there. (I might "borrow" Johnww 's idea and bleach once or twice a year).

The square tube also left me no place to store my couplers, or the 90 degree elbow, so a tote was easier all around .
                Mike
                2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

I store our capped sewer hose in the bumper of our Imagine 2600RB. The small extention piece is stored in an open box in the passthrough next to the box of rubber gloves and hand sanitizer.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...RST&ajaxhist=0

Jim

Comment

I discovered I can store my Rhino hoses with caps in place in my bumper on a 2021 2970RL. Our delivery advisor pointed it out during pick-up but commented that today's sewer hoses don't fit. I tried mine and they do.

I did have to drill a small hole in the end caps of sewer hose for venting. The air in the hose heated, expanded and popped the end caps off the bumper. An 1/8" hole in the sewer hose end caps is enough for venting.

I carry my flush hose, fittings and pipe slinky in a tub with my gloves and sanitizer supplies.
                    Mike & Lisa
                    Central Florida
                    2021 Imagine 2970RL
                    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Originally posted by OurNewEra View Post
                      I discovered I can store my Rhino hoses with caps in place in my bumper on a 2021 2970RL. Our delivery advisor pointed it out during pick-up but commented that today's sewer hoses don't fit. I tried mine and they do.

I did have to drill a small hole in the end caps of sewer hose for venting. The air in the hose heated, expanded and popped the end caps off the bumper. An 1/8" hole in the sewer hose end caps is enough for venting.

I carry my flush hose, fittings and pipe slinky in a tub with my gloves and sanitizer supplies.
                      Our PDI Technician said the Rhino Flex Hoses had too big of fittings to fit into the bumper. I tried it anyway. It's snug, but it fits. I wonder if they marginally increased the bumper size to make it work on newer rigs????
                      2021 Imagine 2970RL
                      2021 F-250 (7.3L Godzilla V8)

Comment

Originally posted by Midwest Expectations View Post

Our PDI Technician said the Rhino Flex Hoses had too big of fittings to fit into the bumper. I tried it anyway. It's snug, but it fits. I wonder if they marginally increased the bumper size to make it work on newer rigs????
                        I store Rhino Flex hose in the bumper of my 2015. It is a snug fit and you have to line up the end fittings exactly right . . . but, it works.

Rob
                        Cate & Rob
                        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                        2015 Reflection 303RLS
                        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Hi All! I appreciate the feedback. I would have responded with thanks earlier but on top of buying the TT we just moved into a new home this week. So looking forward to picking up the GDI 2600 next week!
                          Steve & Michelle
                          2019 Grand Design Imagine 2600 RB
                          2018 Toyota Land Cruiser 5.8L, Curt WD

Comment

Working...
                          X