No announcement yet.

Gray water tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We made it 4 or 5 nights without filling up the tanks in our 221RB. Seems like the sensors show 3/4 pretty quickly. It is nice to have the large tanks! I will just hook up and hit the dump station rather than use totes.
    2012 Toyota Tundra / 2020 Transcend Xplor 221RB

Comment

I've got the same question on Gray Tank capacities of my 2020 GD Imagine 2400BH. How do I get access to the types of drawings TucsonJim referenced earlier? "DWV drawing (Revision Date 12/12/18)". If I can't get access, does anyone know what my capacities are? I can't find anything but the total.
      Pete and Dana
      2020 GD 2400BH
      2021 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 6.2L Gasser
      Full-Time as of 4/30/21

Comment

Originally posted by Pete B View Post
        I've got the same question on Gray Tank capacities of my 2020 GD Imagine 2400BH. How do I get access to the types of drawings TucsonJim referenced earlier? "DWV drawing (Revision Date 12/12/18)". If I can't get access, does anyone know what my capacities are? I can't find anything but the total.
        Welcome to the Grand Design sponsored Owners' (Technical) Forum, Pete B!

The tanks in your 2400BH are from rear to front: 45 gallon (black), 45 gallon (grey), 45 gallon (fresh water) and 37 gallon (grey). (For the spelling police: "grey" is how GD spelled it, not me!)

Note that the actual amount that can fit in any individual tank may vary due to variables in the plumbing (vent pipes, etc). If you must know what that amount is, the only way to truly know how much a tank will hold is to empty all of them, then start filling a tank with a known quantity (5 gallons or so at a time) until the water starts to back up. For the black tank you'll hear it "burp" when flushing and you'll know it is full.

Hope that answers the question. Please check out the Welcome Letter when you get a chance--there's a lot more to this forum waiting to be explored: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Moderators - TucsonJim Cate&Rob Country Campers howson - with so many questions on tank capacities (and they are not going to go away) it would seem in one of your conversations with the GDRV team, that suggesting to state each grey tank capacity (same approach can apply to units with multiple black tank and/or fresh as well) for a given VIN be identified on the "build sheet" rather than simply stating the total. Doing so in marketing materials/website/etc. may be more of a challenge due to rolling and model year changes but that would be great too.

Gosh if there was a way to prevent so many repetitive questions and necessary time commitments over and over, it would seem to be a win win win for GDRV, you all, and owners. Using all this time (which has been and is stretched to the max by especially the GDRV team) much more effectively to deal with other higher level issues seems good for all.

There may be other areas where this same thinking applies where repetitive questions could be eliminated with some changes implemented by the GDRV team. It may well be that you have tackled some of these already and have others in mind.

Dan
          Last edited by Canyonlight; 10-28-2020, 07:20 AM.
          Dan & Carol
          2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
          2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Working...
          X