Toilet closet flange broken.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toilet closet flange broken.

2019 Grand design 315rlts. help! Toilet bolt on one side of toilet broke through flange. Removed toilet, and tried to rotate flange but it wouldnt budge. There are 2 more usable slots on flange for bolts. Looks like flange and pipe that goes all the way into black tank are one piece? is that right. Does it not rotate? Or do i have to figure out some way to remove entire pipe and flange at one time. Please help. Toilet will just about toss you off when using. LOL

Originally posted by Danny Weber View Post
    2019 Grand design 315rlts. help! Toilet bolt on one side of toilet broke through flange. Removed toilet, and tried to rotate flange but it wouldnt budge. There are 2 more usable slots on flange for bolts. Looks like flange and pipe that goes all the way into black tank are one piece? is that right. Does it not rotate? Or do i have to figure out some way to remove entire pipe and flange at one time. Please help. Toilet will just about toss you off when using. LOL
    Welcome to the forum, Danny. I have the same trailer...but the toilet is one of the few items I haven't taken apart (yet). There's other folks here that know the answer (like Cate&Rob ) so hang in there--an answer will posted shortly.

When you get a chance, check out the welcome letter: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

According the the parts lookup on the GDRV page, your model is equipped with a 3" ABS closet flange. Unfortunately, it appears to be cemented in place with ABS solvent. You can contact GDRV customer service to verify this. If it were me, I'd consider a flange repair kit. I'm including a link to one below.

https://smile.amazon.com/Toilet-Flan...657229&sr=8-10

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
        According the the parts lookup on the GDRV page, your model is equipped with a 3" ABS closet flange. Unfortunately, it appears to be cemented in place with ABS solvent. You can contact GDRV customer service to verify this. If it were me, I'd consider a flange repair kit. I'm including a link to one below.

https://smile.amazon.com/Toilet-Flan...657229&sr=8-10

Jim
        Wow Jim you are a wealth of knowledge. That is a good suggestion even to use in the house if you run into problems. Will need to file that in the memory banks for possible future use.

Rob
        Rob & Barb
        2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
        2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

Danny Weber
          Hi Danny,

If the pipe from the flange goes straight into the tank, you should be able to rotate the whole assembly. The flange will be glued to the pipe, but the connection to the tank will be a friction fit into a rubber grommet. (Jim's replacement flange idea might be an easier repair)

(another) Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thank you guys very much. I had no idea they had a flange repair kit. Definitely the way to go. Thanks again , yall are great!

Comment

Let me add one other option. This repair flange may actually be a little easier to install than the previous version I posted. This one is placed over the existing flange and is screwed down to the wooden floor. I've used both types over the years. Both will work, but the screw down version meets my mantra of "Keep it Simple". The first version I showed is great when there is a concrete sub-floor and you can't screw to the floor. The version in this reply works better on wood sub-floors similar to what we have in our trailers.

https://smile.amazon.com/Oatey-42778...706201&sr=8-16

Jim
              Jim and Ginnie

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
                Let me add one other option. This repair flange may actually be a little easier to install than the previous version I posted. This one is placed over the existing flange and is screwed down to the wooden floor. I've used both types over the years.
                It seems that you've had to deal with a lot of crap in your life Jim! Flange repair is new to me... I almost hope I need it someday so I can laugh off the gods who were trying to punish me with an ugly challenge.

Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

Originally posted by boyscout View Post

It seems that you've had to deal with a lot of crap in your life Jim! Flange repair is new to me... I almost hope I need it someday so I can laugh off the gods who were trying to punish me with an ugly challenge.
                  LOL. When I got out of the service, I did a short stint as a repairman for a property management service. It's amazing what apartment renters can break...

Jim
                  Jim and Ginnie

Comment

Working...
                  X