2021 Momentum 351M Holding Tanks Configuration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Momentum 351M Holding Tanks Configuration

Trying to understand my capacities, Dealer says I have 2 grey tanks and 1 black, my control panel shows a black and a black tank 2 filling and only 1 grey tank filling (and fills very fast) while the grey tank 2 never fills. What are my actual capacities and tank configurations? It doesn't seem like I have 78 gal of grey. Is the garage bathroom both the grey and black tank? Can I get the holding/fresh water tanks diagram/schematic?

Welcome Jammb - I have a copy of the 351M DWV plan - Here's how the drawing shows it's configured.

Combined black/gray - Rear Bath - toilet, washing machine, rear bathroom sink.
    Middle Gray - Kitchen sink
    Forward Gray - front bathroom sink, shower
    Forward Black - Toilet

Unfortunately, the drawing and the GDRV parts lookup page does not indicate the capacity of each holding tank. I'm assuming that all four tanks are 39 gallons, but I'll have to defer to a Grand Design employee to confirm that.

GDRV-Megan - Can you please confirm the capacity for the two gray, one black, and one black/gray combination holding tanks?

Thanks,

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

TucsonJimGDRV-Megan Thank you for the information. Also, Am I able to somehow combine the middle and forward gray tanks to flow into each other?

Thanks,
      Josh

Comment

Originally posted by JAMMB View Post
        TucsonJimGDRV-Megan Thank you for the information. Also, Am I able to somehow combine the middle and forward gray tanks to flow into each other?

Thanks,
        Josh
        Josh - Do the tanks share the same drain valve? If so, there is an easy solution for combining them. Purchase a twist on valve to go on the discharge pipe. I'm attaching a link below to the Valterra brand which is sold on Amazon for about $32.

You can close the added valve, and open the two gray valves on your RV. This will allow for the contents of both gray tanks to equalize. This is a very common way of accomplishing that goal.

https://smile.amazon.com/Valterra-T5...0803061&sr=8-2

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK

Comment

TucsonJim GDRV-Megan Awesome! I already have one installed so it's just pull the gray handle and equalize. Thanks! Looking forward to seeing what the actual capacities are for each tank.

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
            Welcome Jammb - I have a copy of the 351M DWV plan - Here's how the drawing shows it's configured.

Forward Black - Toilet

Unfortunately, the drawing and the GDRV parts lookup page does not indicate the capacity of each holding tank. I'm assuming that all four tanks are 39 gallons, but I'll have to defer to a Grand Design employee to confirm that.

GDRV-Megan - Can you please confirm the capacity for the two gray, one black, and one black/gray combination holding tanks?

Thanks,

Jim
            TucsonJim Do you mind sending me the copy of the 351M DWV plan? I like to look at that stuff to see how everything is setup. Thanks
            Josh

Comment

Originally posted by JAMMB View Post
              TucsonJim Do you mind sending me the copy of the 351M DWV plan? I like to look at that stuff to see how everything is setup. Thanks
              Josh
              Josh - GDRV has provided the drawings to the forum moderators to try and help answer questions, but they have not authorized us to share them But, if you call GDRV customer service at 574-825-9679 they will usually provide them to you. You'll need to provide them with your VIN so they can confirm you are a GDRV customer.

Jim
              Jim and Ginnie
              2024 Solitude 310GK

Comment

Copy that Jim, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

Forward Black - Toilet

Thanks,

Jim
                  I'm sorry, but I don't have this info.. I would encourage JAMMB to reach out to our parts dept with his VIN, and they can give him info on his tanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X